Author Topic: Playmobil invest €6 million towards Malta factory (May '09 news)  (Read 2385 times)

Offline core

• Playmo Fanatic
Just a short blurb here, didn't see it mentioned before (and in any searches if I did it right):

http://www.timesofmalta.com/mepelections/view/20090506/news/playmobil-to-invest-6m

http://www.di-ve.com/Default.aspx?ID=72&Action=1&NewsID=60488&newscategory=4

Basically Playmobil is to invest €6mil into new machinery for its factory at Hal Far from ~ June '09 to June '10.

And add to that piece of good news: "In spite of the global slowdown, Playmobil managed to increase exports by 5 per cent in the year to date, compared with the same period last year." :cham:

I'm only wondering what new lines they'll be coming up with  ;D
Peter

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Playmobil invest €6 million towards Malta factory (May '09 news)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:41:05 »

This is very good news for all of us. :yup:

I'd also read somewhere that Playmobil's profits were still very healthy despite the economic climate, though Germany's recession period was quite short-lived compared to the UK's.

The main reason they have continued to do well while other companies have gone bust is because people with less to spend are trying hard to get their money to go further. If they're going to spend their hard-earned cash on toys for the kids, they want something that is well-made and that will provide entertainment for many years, and Playmobil ticks all the boxes, of course. :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil invest €6 million towards Malta factory (May '09 news)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 12:54:58 »
Thanks for the positive update, Core! It is good to know that Playmobil is forging ahead & planning for the future  ;D.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!