Author Topic: 7972 leader - green dragon knights  (Read 6709 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: 7972 leader - green dragon knights
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 01:48:44 »
:lol: True, but I always use the add-on packs for customising, if there is enough variation between the figures. For example, the 4 Gauls in 7923 & 7924 do not make much of a horde, but get 3-4 packs of each and swap parts around and you have a very nice group. Try swapping parts between the legionnaries in 7878 and, not so good, but then the whole joy of the Romans is their uniformity.

Very true, Martin.  I prize my Romans' uniformity.  In fact, all mine have the same hair color!  On the other hand, one wants diversity with one's "barbarians."  It took me forever to take many examples of the half dozen or so standard Viking figure types and a few examples of the 3 Gaul figure types to create a diverse army, but now I have a 140 man "barbarian" army where no figure is the same, thanks to customizing and having different shields and facial hair.  I plan, however, to stick to uniformity with most of my other ancient klickies.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 03:50:18 »
Thanks for the pics, Andi... I'm still not sure if I like these sets but I will have lots of time to wait and think and wait (and wait) before us overseas folks have a chance to buy them!

David

Once you realize you won't be able to get them you will like them more! :lol: :lol:

Gepetto

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:50 »
I like the looks of those new boots, unfortunately this new group is being eyed up mostly for parts.

I think I will do the same.  As I mentioned before, I don't care for the dragon wings, but as Martin said, I can simply not use them.  There was also a previous discussion about the utility of the oddly shaped shield.  (I seem to recall that clowns were somehow incorporated in that previous discussion.  I may be wrong.)  But it is a very strange shield.  It leaves vulnerable the upper body.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:04 »

Thank you, Andi!

This Green Dragon Knight is my very favorite of ALL the new Dragon Knights!

I copied a picture of him weeks ago (although his boots and pants are a bit different).

Different arms too. With different arms, legs and no wings, I'd say it's now a different figure.

But it is a very strange shield.  It leaves vulnerable the upper body.

Yes, I'm not sold on this shield at all, I prefer the other leader's shield. I think this guy is a noob and holding his shield upside down, but if it were a real shield it would have awkward balance and be very difficult to use or carry.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 12:49:06 »
The shield kind of looks like a large arrow pointing the little noob to battle  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 13:29:58 »
Thanks for the great review, Andi.

I like this guy,  wings 'n all :yup:

Jimbo

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 17:00:30 »

Different arms too. With different arms, legs and no wings, I'd say it's now a different figure.

If you were to change your shirt and trousers (and leave your wings at home) would you no longer be the Martin that we all know and care about? ...  :lol:

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 05:32:52 »

If you were to change your shirt and trousers (and leave your wings at home) would you no longer be the Martin that we all know and care about? ...  :lol:

Now we're getting philosophical.   :hmm:
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 01:44:40 »
This guy is the only green Dragon Knight with wings.