Author Topic: 3270 pneumatic drill  (Read 6388 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 3270 pneumatic drill
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 17:58:45 »
Thanks for the kind comments, folks, and I'm glad you found the review interesting.  I'm afraid the joke about the names Maureen and Bill for the PF figures passed me by entirely but then I lead a sheltered life.

In response to Tim's expressed interest in the old pneumatic drill (is he planning a page on his website on the Playmobil genus pneumaticus drillus as well as the animals?), I'm posting the detail pics of the old drill, too.

First, a view with our scale guide showing the front view.  Note the two sets of "grips" for storing tools etc.

Then, a view showing the rear of the unit and the top open.

A closer view of the interior with the drill and hose stored inside.

Lastly, the drill itself.  I can remember, just, these one handled drills being used in street repair.  I think originally equipment like this was used in mines and so only a single handle was need as it was being used in a horizontal or semi-horizontal position and when they started being used above ground the same drill was used at first.  I suppose once it was discovered that in this use the drill was usually used vertically (or nearly so) the second handle was added for more efficient operation.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 18:04:31 »
Next, a view of the trailer and mechanicals after removing the top cover, and then another view of it from the other side, followed by the bare chassis of the trailer.

Lastly, maybe there's a custom there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 18:08:06 »
Thanks for that Gordon. I am going to have to try to find one of those also. I actually like it better than the newer version. But will try to modify the newer one for my purposes (or change the purpose to something more suited to a smaller trailer). The older one seems more versatile for customising.

Good idea for a custom too.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 20:27:41 »
Thanks Gordon, I agree the older version has more custom possibilities. I may have to pick one or two up. I don't know if they have them where you live, but around here there are trailers with typically a round tank on them that are used for doing large scale barbecue work. A number of roadside stands have them around here. The lid on this one reminds me of that somehow - so I could see it converted to a BBQ trailer, perhaps for the zoo or a carnival.

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 20:38:08 »
...large scale barbecue work. A number of roadside stands have them around here. The lid on this one reminds me of that somehow - so I could see it converted to a BBQ trailer, ....

Ha ha lol that's what I was going to make out of it.   ;D

Well, one idea anyway.