Author Topic: How To Train Your Dragon  (Read 9061 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: How To Train Your Dragon
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 17:26:56 »
Great reviews so far.

Thank you :)

I had a real problem with Stormfly and the wings. The wing attachment mis so tight when I try to bend the wings the hard attachment piece pops out of the body. Easily adjusted but having to reattach the wing every time you change a pose is annoying.

That happened to me the first time I moved her wing too! I am hopeless attaching wings.. always have a real hard time  :-[

I do like this one the best by far of the dragons anyway though.

Me too. And she is spot on!

There is something wrong with Toothless, unfortunately. I can't believe they messed it up. :'( 

I don't even understand how that is freaking POSSIBLE, you know?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 00:24:58 »
Astrid's saddle looks great (and so does she)! :D

I agree that the gloves are nice too; although, I don't really like using glove pieces since they always look strange unless turned to completely cover the hand.

As for Astrid's hair - is it the same colour as the hair on the northern princess figure in Series 11? That was the first I had seen that colour, and I was surprised at how nice it is.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 12:48:10 »
Astrid's saddle looks great (and so does she)! :D

Yes, they both do  :love:

I agree that the gloves are nice too; although, I don't really like using glove pieces since they always look strange unless turned to completely cover the hand.

Point.. but.. well.. PLAYMOgloves, we know how they work... (though I agree sometimes it does look off)

As for Astrid's hair - is it the same colour as the hair on the northern princess figure in Series 11? That was the first I had seen that colour, and I was surprised at how nice it is.

Yes, it is..

Astrid's hair color is not THAT unique..  here are a few (there may be more!) of that same color:

The problem is that it doesn't match beards.. I don't really care if the hairs match each other, but they all should have matching beards (and all beards should have matching hairs - and not just a more... unfortunate sculpt, like it happens with Gobber's amazing facial hair!)

(gonna work on the fat dude review now... )

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 15:37:28 »
And the last one for now:

Dragons: 9248 - Drago and Thunderclaw (link on playkingdoms)

I hope to get  the others... probably even that silly ballista-contraption-thingy  ::)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 17:04:34 »
I have trouble with Astrid riding on Stormfly, as well. There seems to be one good position for the feet to lock in, & she'll fall off in seconds if it's not found. I'm into Drago's hair as the material allows it to flow over the shoulders, but the shelf life of the stuff never occurred to me. Yes, the seam is VERY obvious. I haven't gotten anything beyond the 3 main dragons so far, but will probably get the rest. I want the little dragons in Berk.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 17:18:39 »
I have trouble with Astrid riding on Stormfly, as well. There seems to be one good position for the feet to lock in, & she'll fall off in seconds if it's not found. I'm into Drago's hair as the material allows it to flow over the shoulders, but the shelf life of the stuff never occurred to me. Yes, the seam is VERY obvious. I haven't gotten anything beyond the 3 main dragons so far, but will probably get the rest. I want the little dragons in Berk.

After being on and off the list a bunch of times, Berk is currently in. I want the little dragons, and the Book of Dragons (besides the chief, though I have him).. and the statues!

Boat is to buy too... And maybe the silly contraption too...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 18:36:09 »
I will skip the boat but will get Berk I think. The boat does have the figure with the new bear head hat - not to be confused with the previous wolf head hats. So I will get a few of those from parts, and hopefully the whole figure some time.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 19:30:40 »
I will skip the boat but will get Berk I think. The boat does have the figure with the new bear head hat - not to be confused with the previous wolf head hats. So I will get a few of those from parts, and hopefully the whole figure some time.

So far the plan is to use the sail on another viking ship, and do something else with that one...

I like the klicky too :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 22:40:40 »
Point.. but.. well.. PLAYMOgloves, we know how they work... (though I agree sometimes it does look off)

They nearly always look strange to me, so I have a giant pile of them because none of my figures wear them. I much prefer hands to be coloured to give the appearance of some kind of glove.

I thought something looked off about Drago's hair too. Thanks for showing it in such detail! I don't like that material at all, but I suppose it allows his head to move. His beard looks great, but the figure overall doesn't look nearly as deranged or evil as the character. :lol:

~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 06:59:46 »
They nearly always look strange to me, so I have a giant pile of them because none of my figures wear them. I much prefer hands to be coloured to give the appearance of some kind of glove.

I like the polar ones, and for space.. but yes, looks way better when the hand matches the color of the glove. I suppose with polars I am just used to them (our first gloves too  :love: )

Colored hands have the advantage of letting us use any skin color too.  ;D

I thought something looked off about Drago's hair too. Thanks for showing it in such detail! I don't like that material at all, but I suppose it allows his head to move. His beard looks great, but the figure overall doesn't look nearly as deranged or evil as the character. :lol:

Well, I tend to focus on the stuff that interest me the most, I suppose. My sister pointed that out. 

The hair is great, except the material.. but I have no idea how to make it differently.

I find the beards without mustache a bit weird looking.

Like I mentioned, I didn't much like the second movie.. especially ****'s death (I was shocked - it's supposed to be a kid movie, and I wasn't ready for it). Plus I found the whole idea with the mother kinda.. silly.

So I don't really remember much of the Drago's character...