Author Topic: OPERATING ROOM  (Read 3839 times)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
OPERATING ROOM
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:08:30 »
Hi all! Inspired by Bonnie's medical thread, I wanted to show you how they replaced a spine in the Middle Ages. The occasion showed up a DrDalek6 sent me his little friend the policeman who suffered a very bad stoop and loose arms.
The story takes place in Lord Christopher's black castle, deep down under the dungeon, where Master Pibrac has his "operating room".
Master Pibrac is Lord Christopher's justice, executioner and maimer, if needed. He is so feared in the lands that the criminality rate is very low. Lord Christopher is also loved by his folks for he has brought peace and wealth to his country for over thirty years now.

The crippled policeman has been brought before Master Pibrac. All not too sure where his owner sent him. "He must be mistaken, this can't be a clinic? There were so many stairs, I must be close to Hell. Though, I would expect Hell to be warmer, for sure. And dryer too. Ouch my poor back hurts so!"

"So! Here's our patient of the day!" Says Pibrac with a booming voice that makes the policeman startle. "Lord Christopher says I might do something for you, what's wrong with you, lad?"
Well, m-my Lord, I-I my back hurts a lot, I c-can't stand straight neither r-raise my arms. Most of the t-time I stumble and fall. That's why I need to k-keep my hel-hel-helmet all the time! Says the policeman with fear in his voice.
"I'm no lord, don't call me that! I see what's wrong, a soft spine. You're lucky I have a replacement for you. It's from someone who won't need it anymore, heh!"Says Pibrac, laughing at his own joke."Hop on the dismember-, I mean operating table, it's as comfy as can be!
"I guess I-I have no choice, then."
"Nope. And I don't have all day! Lay down your camera and take off this helmet."

"Is it n-normal to have a d-dog in an operating r-room, Sir? Ah! Oh! What are those those s-stains on the table? And, why the shackles?"
"Jaws'no dog, he's a wolf. The shackles will hold you when I turn the table. And I'm no knight either. Call me Master Pibrac"
"Yes, Sir, I mean, M-Master Pibrac. Er? What's the ham for?"
"That's for Jaws, that's his lunch."

"Hey, look! A purple cow!" says Pibrac, pointing at the roof.
"What? Where? I've never seen.." But, he can't say more as Pibrac hits him hard on the back of his head with the ham, stunning him for good!
"Heh! I can't believe this old trick still works! Stop barking, Jaws, here's your lunch."says Pibrac, throwing the ham to the wolf.
"Craig! Allister!" booms Pibrac, calling his two assistants, "We've got work!"

"Quick now, I don't want him to wake up with his head separated from his neck. I suspect the lad wouldn't like it, heh! Craig at his feet, Allister hold his head.

Now, pull!"
And with a "thump", the poor policeman's head pops off his neck and his limbs come off the table, but for the legs, still in the shackles.

With expert hands, Master Pibrac replaces the crippled policeman's spine with a new one, finishing just in time, as the lad opens his eyes.
"Hey! You've hit m…! But? WOW! I don't stoop anymore! And look, look! I can raise my arms again! I can do the "ola" in the stadium again! Ain't that great?"
"What you do with your new back is none of my business, lad. But don't go breaking it again, I never tried replacing a spine twice"

"Master Pibrac, you're such a kind man! Can I take a picture of you and your assistants?"
"It's the first time I'm called a kind man, heh! Go ahead, take your picture and be gone. I have more work waiting."
"Everybody say "cheeeeeeese!"

Snap!

:wave:

Arnaud

Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: OPERATING ROOM
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19:52 »
Bravo!    :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 13:09:15 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: This is great, Arnaud, really hilarious! Love the picture at the end. :lol: Great strides have been made in the last few centuries...  now we can do the Hans-on method in a more sterile environment. :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 14:24:32 »
BRILLIANT!

And a happy klicky (and human too, I suspect :) )

That was hilarious. Love the Master.. so... reddish...

Edit: forgot the pic: purple cow   ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 15:32:23 by tahra »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 18:07:29 »
My first thought of course was 'What's he doing with Tahra's cow?"

Great story!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 18:36:29 »
Thanks guys!
@Tahra: I was hoping you'd post a pic of your purple cow. Thanks.
@Tim: so? Did you look at your ceiling? Was there a purple cow?  :P
Life in the so called space age...

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 18:47:20 »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done! Great story told and helped a fellow playmofriend. :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 18:56:57 »
My first thought of course was 'What's he doing with Tahra's cow?"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 19:05:47 »
Great to see a clicky being able to move properly again, and I like how he made a picture of the others.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 20:40:36 »
Wow Arnaud thank you so much for helping my old friend we both appreicate it. A rather unorthadox operation I will admit  :o but, it looks as though it's done the job , thank you for posting those photos and letting me know how he's getting on, good to see that he's so much happier, hope he enjoys the rest of his sightseeing, I'll be sure to pass the news on to his friends  ;)

Thanks again for everything send him my regards  :love: :wave:, we'll all look forward to seeing him soon