Author Topic: Playmobil exhibition in Hoorn, Netherlands-  (Read 17590 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Playmobil exhibition in Hoorn, Netherlands-
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 02:20:15 »

(MARK??!! :lol: )

Thanks, Count Bogro! I'll try to give a better look ... (In case you all didn't notice, I'm in the web everyday, now ... It's because we finally have intranet at home.

Although I have more access oportunity, I have very little time, because of other reasons. It's usually so, I believe you all know what I'm talking about.

But Thanks again, for the many pictures. The expo may have been small, but the expo's expo was pretty big, and we have yummy things to put our eyes on :yup:

& Nice to know your secret identity mr. Count, sir! :lol:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 06:59:03 »
Nice for you in the UK that you are able get these sets. It must be like living in hell knowing that the sets are available in some countries, but not in your own :'(

Well, I can live with waiting a year, as long as I know that next year I'll be able to buy as much Egyptian Playmo as I like. If I buy it all this year, what will I have to look forward to?

What's much more annoying is knowing there are sets and figures, like the 4444 Pirate Sailboat and Bogro's Pharoah, which will apparently NEVER be available in the UK.

I know these special limited release sets and figures are supposed to make it more fun for those who can get them, but part of me thinks it makes it less fun for those who can't. I don't blame Bogro and others for getting them and showing us, it's nice to see them, but it's a shame Playmobil don't give all of us the opportunity to buy them through their websites.

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 07:26:40 »
I know these special limited release sets and figures are supposed to make it more fun for those who can get them, but part of me thinks it makes it less fun for those who can't. I don't blame Bogro and others for getting them and showing us, it's nice to see them, but it's a shame Playmobil don't give all of us the opportunity to buy them through their websites.

It's because it's a special figure they only give out at the Toy Fair in Nürnberg in February. Each year PLAYMOBIL gives a new figure to the visitors at their stand.

Then the exhibiton, where Bogro was, has bought some and now sells to the visitors.

PS: You can't buy these Toy Fair figures through PLAYMOBIL'S websites.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 09:15:06 »
... Then the exhibiton, where Bogro was, has bought some and now sells to the visitors. ...

Actually, I don't know how the museum came by them. But since they borrowed quite some stuff from Geobra I do think they got the special figures from them.
But I doubt the museum knows what they were - otherwise they wouldn't have been intermingled with some "normal" specials. All said and done - it's just a fluke I managed to get some. Normally, it would have been totally impossible to got hold of them.

But I do know how you feel. Very often I see sets or special figures beeing shown that I really would like to have; but probably never will be able to  :'(

Bogro

(PS - I don't really have a secret identity; I'm more of a schizofrenic  ;D - They're both me)
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:19 »
PS: You can't buy these Toy Fair figures through PLAYMOBIL'S websites.

Yes, that's what I was saying, and I think it's a shame.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:30:53 by Martin Milner »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:43 »

I know these special limited release sets and figures are supposed to make it more fun for those who can get them, but part of me thinks it makes it less fun for those who can't.

The conundrum of the collector is always the same:  which is better, to be searching for that one missing item which completes your collection, or to have it and nothing more to search for?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 11:14:02 »
Yes, that's what I was saying, and I think it's a shame.

You might be right but if it was available through the websites then it wouldn't be exclusive :lens:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 11:44:47 »
... It gets me thinking about why I'm collecting Playmobil in the first place. ...

interesting question. Perhaps we should start a thread on it  ;)

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 14:48:12 »
Many thanks for the tour of the exhibition, Mark.  If only someone would do something like that over here.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 14:59:57 »

Many thanks for the tour of the exhibition, Mark.  If only someone would do something like that over here.

Hmmm ... That might be an interesting project for you to organise, Gordon ...  :klickywink:

I'm actually thinking about organizing one here in south Florida (about an hour and a half from the the Palm Beach FunStore/Park). However, I think if I set one up. I would be loathe to ever take it down.