Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 28641 times)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 22:07:17 »
a car accident where the car has gone off the edge of the table and is laying crashed on the floor below, with Klicky fire crews having to rappel down to the victim.
A fun idea which I will look to incorporate.  I can think of a few other ideas that might work too.  The trick will be allowing the time to incorporate these.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 22:50:43 »
It's a long trip, but I'd love to visit!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 09:17:53 »
For all those that would like to visit but cannot, I'll see if I can create a virtual experience of the event with photos and videos.  These can include the preparation period too. (I'll be working from the guidance notes I wrote up from the first event and put on the forumhttp://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7294.0.)

Mark

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 21:23:45 »
What day and time would you want everyone to arrive to set up? Because that week isn't my half term-I only break up on the 17th.
[img]

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 22:11:09 »
I too break up on the 17th, which means that it wouldn't work for me :-\

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 22:15:21 »
Panic over, I was looking at the wrong dates! :wall: :-[

Damo :)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 22:49:44 »
Damo and Verity

It is a shame that your half term does not begin until on 17th February.  There are clearly some regional and local variations in when half term falls in February.  I have to work around the local holidays as that is when the hall is free for the week and when I and my helpers have time to set up.

Damo, you will recall that last year we spent a good deal of time on the Friday setting up.  There is no doubting that it takes a while to set up the bigger displays, particularly for buildings that need to be assembled here.  Based on this we would need to think carefully about how you might be included.  There are a couple of alternatives:
a)   I could set up displays where we leave pre-arranged space for sets that can be added relatively simply.
b)   We agree some manageable displays where we just need to place the pieces on the display boards. 
Both of these depend on what ideas we can work up together. I am keen to involve people who want to be involved in whatever capacity we can. 

I am happy to have the hall open late on the Friday night and/or early on the Saturday morning.

Mark
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 22:58:35 by playmofirth »

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 14:11:00 »
We did have the old tv camera crew sets, but some updated ones (ooh with those massive snazzy cameras! :apple:) would be so cool. With the railway tracks from the goldmine sets as well for the cameras ;)

Damo :)

Damo - do you have any of the old TV cameras?  I ask becuase this could be something to develop for a display at the Knaresorough Exhibition.

Mark
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 14:17:08 by playmofirth »

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:17:49 »
I am proposing a large scale display incorporating Gordon's railway.  The attached sketch shows a 32ft long display with the green area around 6-7inches higher than the yellow area.  There would be a bridge somewhere on the narrow length in the middle.

The wide areas at each end would allow for turning loops, stations and with a town area at one end and goods yard at the other. 

The lower area could include some fields and a shore line/beach.

Comments welcome.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 21:39:55 »
I'll look at how the track will fit on this, Mark.

One foot is fine for two tracks, btw.

An alternative would be an end-to-end system which would take up about 4 feet width.  I'll look at that, too.

Hazel from the Knowledge Magnet is interested in attending again.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”