Author Topic: Marketon Summer Jousting Tournament - Invitation  (Read 21932 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Marketon Summer Jousting Tournament - Invitation
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:57:24 »

From the forests of Krull to the beaches of Argenland, from the mountains of Melnibone to the rivers of Belathre, spread word that His Majesty King Beniras III on behalf of the Lands of Sweetwater and His Highness King Esmond of Salish and Lower Luxonia on behalf of High King Bjardin of Pavelonia do hearby announce that on the 18th day of July of this year a Grand Tournament of Jousting shall be held at the Jousting Grounds of the City of Marketon. Let news of this event be carried to all the lands of our world, and may the bravest Knights of strength and honor come forth and declare their intent to take part in this historic event. There shall be only 32 spaces to be filled. Each knight must declare his Heraldry and any Allegiance upon posting intent, and only one Knight per Sponsor shall be accepted.  Entry shall be open to all until the 32 spaces have been filled, or the 16th day in the month of May. If the spaces have not been filled by that time the remaining spots will be filled at the discretion of the Organizing Kingdoms. This Joust is a PF Jousting League sanctioned event and shall follow League rules and scoring. Questions and Declarations of Intent my both be posted at this location. Join us one and all on the 18th day of July and accept the hospitality of the Kingdoms of Sweetwater and Pavelonia for this Grand event!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Marketon Summer Jousting Tournament - Invitation
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:15:19 »
Fantastic!! count me in! I can't send Enok, he wil lbe busy but other knight from Argenland will attend. The heraldry is the same. Golden lion head.  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:35:27 »
I would like to attend this event if I am allowed. I will get a knight together and the heraldry I use is the 30 63 1610
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:32:57 »
Great Tim! I'm in! I'm in!
I'll have to decide which knight I'll be sending, but I'm in for sure.
Arnaud.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:44 »
Noble Lord,
The Kingdom of Ithaca will accept your invitation.Sir Jerry,lord of Olympus is still wounded from the confict with the Empire.Our Champion this time will be Sir Odysseus,lord of Doulichion and commander of Ithacian cavalry forces.If you like we can send you a jpg papirus with our champion's appearance.The coat of arms is still the same.

God speed to your tournament!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 13:45:30 »
That's great all. We will eventually need to see the competitors or have a detailed description so we can produce them for the images. Custom heraldry is ok as long as you can send us the image file for it.
I've ordered 32 of 30 21 8542 - Banner holder, three pegs, clip on back from DS. The plan is to have a banner for each competitor to be carried at the opening parade, then set on the sidelines during jousting. They will be used to indicate who is fighting each match as well. I will post a template eventually - if anyone has one already please feel free to post it. We will make up the design for you if you are unable to.

Also competing in this event:

Sir Sigismund of Sweetwater
Sir Bartholomew of Salish

so that's 7 spots so far, 25 open places still
This is open to any PF member, one knight per member

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 14:36:33 »
Sir Cecil of Ethero Valley would be honored to compete.  Heraldry-Unicorn Head

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 18:10:25 »
I'm in.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 23:20:38 »
Count me in please, I think Sir Fergus would enjoy another tournament.  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 00:23:47 »
Awesome news Tim!!

I am in, The Kingdom of Belathre will send:

Sir Jaknoi Gacim

As a roaming knight he has no lands to take care of. He is a bit afraid to cross through Flowerland as the land (more specifically the Dragons) is very inhospitable.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 13:22:56 by Gis »