Author Topic: Playmobil Victorian diorama Athens, Greece 2012  (Read 29700 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Playmobil Victorian diorama Athens, Greece 2012
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 17:48:18 »
Why is there a wizard with an apprentice on one of the roofs though?   ???

He is not a wizard, he is a visitor from the Orient. In that house you can see the Indian Maharaja visiting the house of a British Lord for dinner.

In any case, there are various small klickies and actions that are out of place, just to spice things up!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 23:10:35 »
He is not a wizard, he is a visitor from the Orient. In that house you can see the Indian Maharaja visiting the house of a British Lord for dinner.

In any case, there are various small klickies and actions that are out of place, just to spice things up!

Interesting! That sounds even cooler then, to have hidden things like that in the display! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 13:38:50 »
I've been asked to show you the rest of the pictures taken from the Victorian diorama and also write the description of the photos. So here it is:

Guests of The Mall Athens Shpping Center can admire a unique creation from 7 September 2012 ! A whole city from Playmobil Dollhouses was put together, dollhouses from the 1900 Playmobil series. The Dollhouses are from the collection of Dennis Vagopoulos who also assembled them and set them up. PLAYMOBIL Hellas would like to thank Mr. Dennis Vagopoulos for the masterpiece he created, and Mr. Panagiotis Pantelis for the assistance of contributing his own dollhouse.

The word "assemble" is very little to describe, what D. Vagopoulos has set up at The Mall. Each dollhouse has its own story to tell with details that let viewers with an open mouth! Come with us on a journey into the past to admire these great centerpieces of decoration one by one!

The representation of the Victorian street was done with precision and with respect towards authentic and traditional PLAYMOBIL

The city has great mansions, a church, a school, a park and a City Hall.

At the beginning of the road the magnificent blue school stands!

In the school garden, children play in the playground!

One wonders, with such a playground, does anybody really study into the school?

Admiring one of the rooms at the rear. It is pleasant to observe the incredible detail, true to life in the Victorian era, early in the last century.

The classrooms are furnished with imaginative and graceful interventions!

Each room is decorated with different wallpaper.

A view of the old officer’s house! You can see the heirlooms brought back from his adventures in Africa, India, Latin America at the study, next to the secretary furniture.

The Cathedral, a very distinct creation!!

Our small city!

And the wedding reception. The lace veiled bride just arrived ...

The city park in front of City Hall

The bride and groom ... just arrived at the reception ..!

Hooooo! The attic is haunted! A ghost lurks by the window and the spiders have weaved their web.

The family is moving. The workers are trying to load the piano in the back. It is not an easy job ...

You think that out of a room will come the "Little Princess" Sarah, one of  Miss Minchin's girls who had come from distant India.

The Indian Maharaja visits the British Lord at his residence. He is accompanied by his servants who make air with palm branches as he enjoys his tea with British aristocrats.

A ride in the lovely Victorian town ..

In the park across from City Hall, the group has gathered for a commemorative photo. The photographer with the traditional camera ready for the snapshot!

Say cheese!!!!

CHEESE!!!!

The Cathedral!!!

The bell tower of the Cathedral

And here’s the second bell tower!!

View from the balcony!!

The Playmobil Victorian Diorama!!!

Main view of the area of the Mall where the diorama is set up!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope these few words help you understand the magic that was represented with the diorama!!!  :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 13:46:21 »
Wow, those are some nice shots. I was thinking about The Little Princess, too. It's a lovely dio. I wish we had views inside all the houses, though.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 14:47:48 »
It's a great dio! I loved it!
 :love: :love: :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 15:23:27 »
That's fantastic!!!!!! Well done to everyone who contributed  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 15:26:52 »
it is part of a promotion event at the biggest shopping mall in Athens.

Do you know for what kind of promotion? Promotion for the playmobil company?  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 15:28:45 »
Why is there a wizard with an apprentice on one of the roofs though?   ???

:shhhh: :shhhh: :shhhh: It's Giorginetto's wizard from KRULL, he's watching........  :lol: :lol: :lol:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 15:38:17 »
thank you for all the pictures and info Panos  :wow:

I really liked the old attic with junk everywhere with spiders  :)9

When I first saw the pictures I did not think this was a "family on the move". For what ever reason I figured if they are dressed the way they were and using the back door alley they must be helping themselves to someone else's belongings, all under the noses of the guards  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 18:40:10 »
Thank you so much Sir wolf for posting all those lovely pictures and bravo for your lovely contribution sir which was my favorite mansion btw.... This diorama has given me  quite a few ideas for my upcoming one too which is great though mine will be tiny compared to this one .

Lovely lovely pictures , what a grand set up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for posting !!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: