Author Topic: Question on 5329 kitchen set  (Read 1726 times)

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
Question on 5329 kitchen set
« on: December 27, 2011, 03:45:21 »
So we're putting everything together for my daughter's mansion, and come to the kitchen set.  As I'm putting together the sink/dishwasher unit, I notice that the white cabinet doors for the front don't fit.  They are the same size as the doors for the wall-mounted cabinet, which are too wide for the sink.

The instruction booklet lists both sets of doors as 30 51 7930, but that can't be right as they're simply not the right size.

Has anyone else had this problem?  It's odd they're listed as the same part number when they're clearly not the same size.
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Question on 5329 kitchen set
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:41:20 »
I didn't have that problem with that set. Very strange indeed...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 11:15:57 »
Were all these doors part of the same mould???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 15:03:09 »
When I did the inventory for 5329, I interpreted the instructions as showing 30 51 7930 to be 4 doors for 2 cupboards, two each of narrow and wide. If you have four wide ones, then you have a packing defect - get on the phone with Customer Service, and they'll send you new ones.  If Customer Service advises you that I've interpreted the instructions wrongly, I'd like to hear about it so I can correct it in the database.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline MansionBuilder

• Klicky Rob
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 19:53:31 »
Hi Racerx , Like Heather said, if you do not have the narrower doors for the sink cabinet as shown in the photo below then DS should be able to give you them to fit your sink cabinet. They do look similar while in the bag and could be a packing issue.

I saw too that the instruction sheet lists both sets of doors with the same number but sometimes the numbers are for a package containing more than one item and in my sets they were packed together.

Rob

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 00:17:24 »
Doh!  I didn't think to check the database.  Looks like a packing error, as all four doors are the same size.

Sadly, I haven't been able to reach anyone at the US customer service number yet.  Maybe they're closed up for the holidays...
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound