Author Topic: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe  (Read 1048 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
« on: July 26, 2022, 15:24:49 »
Now we have the new faun klicky, it'd be great if we could get some The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe themed sets.

The Pevensie children (Peter, Susan, Edmund & Lucy), Mr & Mrs Beaver

Lucy, Mr Tumnus & a light up lampost

Edmund, the White Witch, her sled, Ginarbrikk the dwarf, Maugrim & Vardan (wolves) & of course, some turkish delights

Peter, Susan, Aslan, the stone table & various animals

Father Christmas & the children + their gifts (sword & shield, dagger, bottle of elixir, bow & arrows & horn)

Also maybe..
Grown up versions of Peter, Susan, Lucy & Edmund, Peter & Edmund with their gifts, & the white stag.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 19:44:54 »
Most of this already exists. I wonder what the luck ending situation would be. There was a movie a while back but it's been decades I think?

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 20:23:29 »
Most of this already exists. I wonder what the luck ending situation would be. There was a movie a while back but it's been decades I think?

Exactly, it would be a pretty easy thing for them to put together now that the faun has come out.  The film came out in 2005 (the follow up Narnia films in 2008 & 2010). In checking who owns the rights I saw that Netflix acquired rights in 2018 to adapt into TV & films.  I love the first book in the series, such a classic.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 21:38:18 »
If they just hold on until 2033 it will be out of licence (in Europe, anyway)  :lol:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 03:50:52 »
Problem: Lucy would presumably be a child klicky, while the current faun is a fullsize figure. In the books they were about the same height iirc.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 05:23:52 »
Problem: Lucy would presumably be a child klicky, while the current faun is a fullsize figure. In the books they were about the same height iirc.

Yes, it's been years since I saw the film, but I think they straight up ignored the description from the book with Tumnus (not the only character in the film that differed wildly from the description in the books).  James Mcavoy played him & I'm not sure they did any effects to alter his height. I'd forgive them if they made the klicky Tumnes adult size as long as they did a good job  ;)

Online Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 13:53:37 »
James Mcavoy played him & I'm not sure they did any effects to alter his height.

I don't think they did. He isn't tall IRL, and he's noticeably taller than Lucy in the movie.

In Playmo, would you prefer Tumnus as a child klicky? I think dwarf faun legs would look a bit odd.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 15:16:39 »
I don't think they did. He isn't tall IRL, and he's noticeably taller than Lucy in the movie.

In Playmo, would you prefer Tumnus as a child klicky? I think dwarf faun legs would look a bit odd.

I actually think an adult klicky similar to the one they've just made would work better, I feel like a child one would read too small, you know?  I just got mine today (I ordered 2, I was very excited about the faun klicky!).  Maybe because I can't imagine what a child faun klicky would look like!  I'd kind of like to see one though..                                                                               

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 04:59:51 »
That's a good idea - Some of the Characters out of Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawntreader were pretty good too.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 20:04:55 »
I might compromise my principles for a Reepicheep klicky
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: