Author Topic: CA models show 1/9/2013 brainstorming  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
CA models show 1/9/2013 brainstorming
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:56:48 »
On Saturday the ninth of 2013 we were asked to put up a diorama at this show. At first we were going to just put up a western theme but after doing two of them already I wanted to do something else. I checked into the event and it is having a theme, "Models in Movies" and I got an idea. Say the space is 40x30 ( I have no idea actually) So a space like that can be broken down into zones. If each zone was 10x15 it would create 8 of them. In each zone there could be a entirely different theme to correspond with a specific movie. I think if it was set up right one could use eight or more themes to fill them. In one there could be Romans and Egyptians that related to a movie. It could be hard as this event would have a lot of adults and the kids will find it fascinating just for face value. I think it would get a lot of interaction from the viewers. A few trains would go around the entire boarder as a sort of tourist train with a bunch of passangers. So I was wanting to start a brainstorming session to get suggestions to work out what the content could be.   
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: CA models show 1/9/2013 brainstorming
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 02:28:11 »
I was just about to suggest in the other thread that you open a thread for this. :lol: So you are looking to do scenes from specific real movies? Sounds like an interesting project, and a great way to incorporate lots of themes. A few suggestions:

Jurassic Park: Dino theme of course, but you could do a classic scene, like with the T-rex and the overturned jeep

Ladder 49: you could re-create a scene like maybe the first fire he fought, even including the detail of the rats running down the stairs as they run up.

For the western theme, you could change it up some by doing a scene from The Mask of Zorro or another Zorro movie.

For Egyptians, you could do a scene from The Ten Commandments. Or is that propoganda? :P

A scene from Gone With the Wind or Gettysburg would be cool, too.

And then there's always Jaws. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:16:58 »
Rasputin
You could use the Victorian house and have Mary Poppins descending from the sky with her open umbrella and carpet bag, the dad going to work with his bowler, a group of ladies gathering for a suffragette rally and on the top of another house a group of chimney sweeps dancing.  There must be a way to get the sidewalk artist in as well, and of course the kids and nanny are inside.
kaethe

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:53:58 »
I just do not know how much broad apeal my movie tastes have ?

I was thinking about the cavemen series.. many male klickies holdign the legs of females who are using their mouths to catch fish,  On the other side a giant fallen egg hit a valcano and is cooking
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 14:21:18 »
What movie is that? ??? Yeah, maybe you should take suggestions from others. :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 16:13:19 »
Yes, I was watching things like "a clockwork orange" and "the young ones" at a very early age due to having an older brother

The other movie is "caveman" with Ringo Starr, it mixes the dinos and cavemen together

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 19:22:02 »
Romans and Egyptians, Liz Taylor and Richard Burton in Cleopatra.

Western - Stagecoach

Space - 2001

Caveman - 2000 years BC

Jungle - King Kong

Train - running round the outside, as you say, with passengers on making a visit to a movie studio.  You could include references to films in that, too, for example, with the train passing a sea scene with a giant shark lunging out at it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 17:09:28 »
Walter - you should fill out the Events form at PCC to get it on the schedule. Do you still have the contact from PlaymobilUSA? You should send them a mail stating how many catalogs you want and that you would like some keychains or other promo/POP type stuff, include the date of the event and give them your shipping address. You have to be very specific and pro-active to make things happen with them, but you have plenty of time this time to get stuff. I would really like to get the bugs ofr the process on this worked out so we can make it a regular thing for US events.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:00 »
Romans and Egyptians, Liz Taylor and Richard Burton in Cleopatra.

Western - Stagecoach

Space - 2001

Caveman - 2000 years BC

Jungle - King Kong

Train - running round the outside, as you say, with passengers on making a visit to a movie studio.  You could include references to films in that, too, for example, with the train passing a sea scene with a giant shark lunging out at it.

I really like your idea of making the train itself a reference to a movie.

I do not know about all those movies and I will check on them

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 23:55:24 »
-The 13th warrior.
 12 viking clickies in a longboat with an arab clicky.  Something small and easy to do.

-Last of the mohicans.
Tricone wearing redcoats in the center in a long line with civilians, and indians attacking from either side coming out of the forest.

-Robin Hood.
Plenty of movies to choose from I gues, and it leaves a lot of room for fun ideas.

-Ben-Hur.
This movie had scenes in large cities, but also smaller locations such as a camp in the desert where racing horses where trained.

-Scene from a Marx brothers movie.
This would require some customisation to get a Groucho, Chico, Harpo and Zeppo clicky. Only the Groucho clicky would require a modified face so he has the right eyebrows, mustache and glasses.
As the set, a hotel can be used to portray the cocoanuts. Or the entrance of Captain Spaulding from Animal Crackers could be used if you have some nice stairs to use.
Either way, it would be something very recognizeable and such clickies could be very usefull for other projects too. Then again, I am just a big fan of these guys.  :)

-James Bond.
Using mostly modern stuff and some of the agents stuff, a scene showing James bond fighting his way through a villain's lair could be portrayed.