Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199555 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #990 on: August 19, 2014, 07:38:27 »
 :(o):  The overview pictures are breathtaking  :)

Tons of questions come to mind!

Will you do something flowery for the window sills of the roof windows too?
Do I spot a vegetable garden in the back to the side of the house?
Have you been planning all of these details beforehand, or do you try things out on the spot?

By the way, I really like your use of palm trees, peach trees and strawberry plants mixed with regular flowers.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #991 on: August 19, 2014, 09:02:42 »
Thank you so very much dear Friend  :wave:

I will have to see for the attic windows but may consider somes flowers there...

Yes, there is a great Fruit & Vegetable Garden of which I am especially proud of and which will be the place for a little surprize to come soon  ;)

The exterior grounds of N°1 Regent St are nearly completed with only small box hedges to be put all around the lawns areas, pink roses to be put on the conservatory side leading to the gardens, a green arch with climbing roses leading to the side of the mansion, and a couple more lights to be put on the terrace opening to the elevated tearrce wich will turn into a stage for the evening show  8}

I am glad to confirm that even if it took longer than expected to achieve - and achieving is already a little miracle in itself when one knows that I run a hotel and 2 restaurants around the clock - but I am very pleased with the results !

Apart from a little last minute inspiration here and there, everything was carefully planned from the very moment I first draw the design of the outside grounds on sheets of A3 paper and I always stick & come back to my original plan. This is my way of doing things in life and as no matter how long it takes, I always try to stay on my tracks in order to achieve something.

As I explained before, being a perfectionist involves taking considerably more time to achieve a scene when someone else would be would just as happy to add a few touches of greenery here & there or even jump into starting the Victorian kitchen which I am so impatient to do while leaving the outside decor between "brackets" until further notice. I am trying to have a method and a guide line throughout this entire project and will continue to do so until it is completed  :)

What you see in my scènes is often the result of endless online researches until I find the right accessory which will add that poetic & charming old world touch & atmosphere that I like to give to my little victorian tales  :love:

And judging by the now 100 pages of this thread and more than 28 000 views so far, it really is worth the effort  :love:

Karim
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:17:51 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #992 on: August 20, 2014, 15:52:20 »
Return to Regent St !

Monsieur Firmin, Miss Periwinkle & Archibald present

A Matter of Perspective - Part Six

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #993 on: August 20, 2014, 15:57:29 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #994 on: August 20, 2014, 16:00:24 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #995 on: August 20, 2014, 16:04:27 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #996 on: August 20, 2014, 16:08:44 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #997 on: August 20, 2014, 16:13:32 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #998 on: August 20, 2014, 16:18:56 »

Karim :wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #999 on: August 21, 2014, 07:30:16 »
 :o

What an amazing piece of work... :wow: