General > Trains!

PLAYMOBIL/LGB

(1/2) > >>

EDWINMODELS:
I have recently joined the LGB Club and they also have a forum section. I posted a question about LGB/Playmobil trains and got a few answers. I also made a link to Garden wargaming, will do this site next promise. and so far have had two positive replies. Its funny how people who collect playmobil havent heard of LGB and People who collect LGB havent got into Playmobil. Time for some education I think

Tiermann:
Yes it is interesting since many of the things go so well together.
I have a crane car that is LGB that came with my mixed lot of Playmo trains and it fits right in - looks just about the same as if Playmo had made it.

playmofire:
I think at one time there was a very close association between LGB and Playmobil.

Richard:

--- Quote from: EDWINMODELS on May 16, 2006, 19:11:08 ---I also made a link to Garden wargaming ...

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Craig!

--- Quote from: playmofire on May 16, 2006, 21:41:10 ---I think at one time there was a very close association between LGB and Playmobil.

--- End quote ---
Yes, there was, Gordon!

I have some old LGB catalogues that actually show pictures of early LGB sets that contained Playmobil Klickys as part of the set. The summer sightseeing car (33410) was designed specifically for Playmobil Klickys with metal poles that they can grasp. All of the brass track that Playmobil used for their original electric trains was made by LGB. LGB also made the "outdoor controller" for Playmobil (It came in an LGB red box with a Playmobil label).

The towns of Nürnberg and Zirndorf are physically "next door" to each other, and Playmobil and LGB complemented each other quite nicely, so it's no surprise that there was cooperation between the Brandstätter and Richter families.

Of course, like most stories, there's a lot more to this one ... ;)

Here's a photo of the LGB summer sightseeing car (designed for Playmobil Klickys) in its latest iteration:

All the best,
Richard

Tiermann:
Hmm that would be nice for a zoo train...I expect it costs more than the $7 passenger cars I got from DS though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version