Creative > How-To

Airgamboys

(1/2) > >>

pastifi:
Sorry if is the wrong place for this and dear mods move me where it is appropriate
Does anybody know if airgamboys helmets and weapons are playmobil compatible?
airgamboys a spanish figure taller than playmobil

Best regards

Panos

pastifi:
OK the answer is:
some accesories can be used with Playmobil
Airgamboys are way taller than our friends and the scale is similar but for a taller figure

An example
The guy in middle is playmobil roman with his sword
all rest are airgam accesories from the Pretorian figure.
The handles are slightly thicker but with a bit of sanding? they are perfect

Cheers

Panos

Sylvia:
I'm sorry that no-one here was able to help you with your question regarding compatability, but thanks for showing us your findings, Panos. :)
This information could certainly be useful to other customisers and collectors in the future. :)9

Martin Milner:
I looked for these figures on eBay today, and found just 10 with a worldwide search, all of them in Spain - compared to nearly 7,000 Playmobil auctions worldwide.

I took a look at one figure, and it's so obviously a Playmobil copy that I wonder why Geobra haven't tried to shut them down for copyright infringement.

Maybe they're not aware of this range, or maybe the threat is so small it's not worth the lawyer's fees?

matchboxluc:
Some time ago I disassembled an Airgamboy figure and it is a completely different system. There is no inner frame; head and limbs are directly attached to the torso (which is hollow). The hands and feet are seperate parts that can be removed rather easily and the plastic is softer than Playmobil plastic (it is also not tear-proof). So from what I've seen it is no copy, but more of an independent spanish toy line, which has been around for over 20 years or so. Not every roleplaying figure should be regarded as Playmobil copies...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version