Author Topic: IGUANA PART TWO (The Caribbean Adventures of Mr.Dawkins)  (Read 10549 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
IGUANA PART TWO (The Caribbean Adventures of Mr.Dawkins)
« on: January 03, 2006, 22:12:53 »
A PIRATE'S TOUR OF THE CARIBBEAN ... PART FOUR:

Dawkins thinks that he hears something behind him. But, he has decided to ignore it and head through the woods to the beach.

As he makes his way quickly through the trees, Dawkins thinks that he sees someone else in the shadows.

When Dawkins finally reaches the beach he realizes that he is being followed by a giant Iguana. He remembers the words that his grandpappy told him when he was a young lad, "Aaaargh ... t'would be a sorry pair o'legs wot would stan' still an' watch a body take some 'urt!"

And, remembering those wise words spoken by his grandpapy years before, Dawkins follows the example of his pet monkey, Chi-Chi and runs as fast as he can.

Mr.Dawkins, in his hasty retreat , does not notice the shadowy figure that bravely steps into the path of the hungry Iguana.

With pistol drawn, the stranger takes aim at the menacing creature.

There's a metallic click. And, then silence as the cloaked Klicky's pistol misfires.

Before our hero can reload his weapon (or retreat), the Iguana is upon him!

Is this the end of this heroic individual? Who was he? And, why would he want to save Dawkins?

To be Continued ...

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
Re: IGUANA PART TWO (The Caribbean Adventures of Mr.Dawkins)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 00:44:19 »
 :o  Oh No!!! What happens to the handsome stranger?????
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:04:51 »
Heyyyy... what a cool photo-story! :D

(Let me know if you want it moved to the story-telling board, Richard ;))

I am also very eager to see what happens next. :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 11:14:27 »
Oh cool, a new type of dinosaurus ...   :o

(But obviously not one of the friendly species)

... and he looks like that realistic  ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 15:36:29 »
Oh cool, a new type of dinosaurus ...   :o

(But obviously not one of the friendly species)

... and he looks like that realistic  ;)

Hello, Jochen ...

Actually, it was very easy to get the "new type of dinosauraus" to look that realistic ...
...  :lol:

And, iguanas are vegetarians! All of the iguanas used in these stories are wild! However, iguanas are very people-friendly and can be hand-fed lettuce leaves. Iguanas would probably make very nice Playmofriends!

So, now you know ... The iguanas are "actors" in the Mr.Dawkins adventure stories! ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 17:46:54 »
Hello, Jochen ...

Actually, it was very easy to get the "new type of dinosauraus" to look that realistic ...
...  :lol:

And, iguanas are vegetarians! All of the iguanas used in these stories are wild! However, iguanas are very people-friendly and can be hand-fed lettuce leaves. Iguanas would probably make very nice Playmofriends!

So, now you know ... The iguanas are "actors" in the Mr.Dawkins adventure stories! ... ;)

Ah, I see  ;)
So, if the Iguana is The Good, the "handsome stranger" must be The Bad ... or is the Iguana just only The Ugly? (Or am I totally lost in the wrong genre  ;))

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 23:39:31 »
Ah, I see  ;)
So, if the Iguana is The Good, the "handsome stranger" must be The Bad ... or is the Iguana just only The Ugly? (Or am I totally lost in the wrong genre  ;))

Hello again, Jochen ...

Pirates are usually bad! Giant green lizards and dragons (played by the local iguanas) are also usually bad! We know that "Mr.Dawkins" is a pirate which should automatically make him bad. But, we all seem to like "Mr.Dawkins" and his pet monkey "Chi-Chi," so we hope that he doesn't get eaten by the big bad lizard (played by the gentle vegetarian iguana). We don't know anything about the "handsome stranger' yet. Is he also a pirate? If so that would also make him bad.

I hope that I don't have you thoroughly confused ... ;)

I am beginning to feel like I'm explaining this story to my children ... :D

They used to also ask me questions that I wished that they had never asked ... ;)

Just pretend that although "Dawkins" is a pirate, we like him. And, that although the iguanas are really very nice, they are pretending to be ferocious pirate eating giant green lizards. And, let's just keep an open mind about the "handsome stranger" for now. I hope that everyone is OK with that ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 18:39:47 »
I will wait for the next installment of this tale
The man of mystry is very intriguing

The iguana deserve the oscar for his (or her) performance

I have met iguanas on Aruba who enjoyed flower blossoms , and raw onions. 8}

M

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:55:36 »
I will wait for the next installment of this tale
The man of mystry is very intriguing

Hello, Meg ...

We leave for Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday (10 Jan) and will be "off island" for almost a month. I am hoping to find out what happened to the "handsome stranger" (man of mystery), as well as Dawkins before then. However, the conclusion to this "exciting photo story" ... ;) may have to wait until February ... :( 

The iguana deserve the oscar for his (or her) performance

Yes, the iguana(s) definitely deserve(s) oscar(s) for the performance ... :) See if you can tell how many iguana(s) were actually used in this photo story ...  :hmm:

I have met iguanas on Aruba who enjoyed flower blossoms , and raw onions. 8}

Before starting this photo story, I had never spent much time with our local iguanas. To even get a few good photos, meant that I had to spend many hours over several days with these fascinating creatures. I have really come to respect and even like these gentle animals. At times they are very intent and a bit inquisitive. At other times they can be comical and amusing. Of course each iguana seems to have their own unique personality. This has been great fun for me and I hope that everyone at PlaymoFriends is enjoying the results.

All the best,
Richard

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 18:31:28 »

I´m enjoying the story immensely.

I know that Mr. Tim Dawkins is a pirate with a heart of gold, an orphan most likely

I know the iguana is bad because it squished the handsome, brave stranger,
(Did you use one `star´iguana and other ones for the stunt work Richard?)

I´m still not sure about the stranger. I think he`s good, but now he´s good and flat!

Enjoy you time on the out islands Richard. :wave: