Author Topic: Pyche's Psychotic Ebay Binge  (Read 10294 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Pyche's Psychotic Ebay Binge
« on: November 27, 2005, 22:45:41 »
Ok, I now am officially broke but couldn't be happier! :D Check out the haul I managed to find (all at good prices, some at GREAT prices) on ebay today:

First, I have been searching for a complete, boxed, 3433 Safari Station Ngorongoro for almost a year now. Finally found one (for a super price) and picked up a few other boxed (some MIB) sets from the same seller "just for the heck of it! "  8-)

I found the 3497 Playground set which pretty much completes my old style kids playground collection! :D

Also, I found a very nice 3735 older farm wagon (something I've long wanted) at an excellent price.  :)

And if one has a Safari Station, it only makes sense they would have the older European train station, right?    ???  ;) (Ok, I'm rationalizing but this is another set I've long wanted and the price was too good to pass up.  :-[ )

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:34:05 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Pyche's Psychotic Ebay Binge :D :D :D
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 22:48:51 »
But while I was feeling "train-ish" and was on such a great site I also picked up two more little sets I've wanted for some time...;)

:love: :love: :love: <:>

So...feel free to send food.  :-[  ;D  8}

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 01:42:21 »
Wow, awesome haul Psyche! I have never even seen the windmill before! And the train station is way cool.

Got any good tips for finding bargains on ebay as you seem to be so good at it???  :wow:
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 02:10:06 »
Thanks Red...I've learned a few tricks over the years. The biggests is to know what you want and be patient, but flexible. So like here, I was looking for the Safari Station and had an ebay search out on it for months, but when I saw the other loot this seller had I took note.

These were all on German ebay where you can find better deals (even with slow boat shipping) and many items you rarely see here (for example that MIB windmill. I've seen maybe 2 of them on US ebay and they both went for over $100 US. This was less than half of that! :) )

What I can do is write some tips I've learned and post them on the shopping forum. Meg and Robbie and Sir Gareth and Serenity and several others are great ebayers too (and I know you look at a lot of auctions) so maybe if we all pool our info that will be of use to several members. How's that sound.

BTW, the Windmill (3765) was discontinued in 1991 and there is also a water tower that I'd love to have someday.  I feel lucky to have found this set still wrapped. :D

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 03:58:53 »
Congrats on the great finds, especially this time of year!  I'm especially jealous of the train station.  I've been watching for that one myself, but stopped for awhile due to Christmas.

Will you take pics of pieces when you get it?  Please?
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
Re: Pyche's Psychotic Ebay Binge
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 08:13:18 »
wow, what a catch!!!  8}

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:34:54 »
I'd assumed that you'd spot things like these coming up in your crystal ball.  You disapopint me. :(

Anyway, congratulations on a host of good buys. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 19:20:50 »
I´d be happy with winning any one of these, but a Safari Station,  the old railway station I´ve always wanted and the Western Train, plus some smaller old sets all boxed is amazing. I am not at all jealous, nor am I kicking myself for not watching eBay more closely. I´m just so happy they are in the clutches hands of a PF. Excuse me I´ve got some wood to chop, carpets to beat..

A  lot of beautiful sets Psyche, lucky you,

Guarrenzino

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 19:54:34 »
LOL friends! Yes, I will post photos (probably until Guarrenzino turns an even deeper shade of green).  ;D

Though I must say I don't watch ebay that closely...I plug in "searches" for particular items (in this case the Safari Station) and they email when one comes up for auction. I'd had that particular search running for almost a year but each time one would come up it would be incomplete, poor quality, way out of my budget, or located on the moon. So this was one time patience actually paid off as I found a nice boxed set and the same seller had lots of other nice sets, ships worldwide, and speaks English (sort of...better than my German danke).

And Gordon, I shall have to give you a lesson on crystal balls one day. They don't spit out answers like computers...but do give delicious hints. In this case..."Look at the other auctions...." ;)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 20:18:28 »
You did very well

I am envious, of course

I just wish my German contact would mail me some of the items that he has stored for me  :(