Author Topic: Steve and A.'s collection  (Read 4562 times)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
Steve and A.'s collection
« on: June 21, 2021, 13:18:16 »
I'm not entirely convinced that people will be that interested in what we've got, but at least a thread on our collection will get my posts up!  ;D

To begin, I had a 'significant' birthday last week and received this little lot. Regulars of Playmofriends will probably be most interested in the retrofitted 70411 Pirate Ship and the 4614 klicky, a real collector's item in the context of our collection.

There's a cute story attached to the Pirate Ship, which I'll share. A. (who's 5) said to my wife back in February, 'Mummy, can we get Daddy a Playmobil Pirate Ship for his birthday'  :love: That was all the excuse I needed to spec ship, crew, and some supplementary spares. A. thinks Mummy put the order together and I was happy to play along!  :lol:
Unfortunately, one of the three pirates in 9884 has a broken foot - ironically the one with a peg leg.

Sets: 4614, 5378, 6649, 7785, 9075, 9884, 9886, 9892, 70135, 70411, 70565.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Steve and A.'s collection
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 15:31:52 »
You must have had a very happy birthday.

I had one of the 3750 pirate ships in my collection at one time, a great ship.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 18:01:07 »
That looks great, a wonderful addition to your collection.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 18:36:32 »
Happy birthday!

Yay, those are the birthday presents we like! :)  How very thoughtful of A!

(if it was a new set try emailing them about the broken foot klicky - maybe they send you a new one)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 11:39:50 »
Playmofire, I had a VERY happy birthday, although it's possible A. was even more excited about it than I was!

The 9884 three pirates set came from playmobil.co.uk (30% off, I thank you) so I've asked them what they want to do about that. We were also missing the comapss sticker from 70411, but that came from a toy shop (40% off, I thank you). Irritatingly customer service have yet to reply ...

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 09:01:04 »
Great birthday present :D. I like the penguins next to the ship  :love:

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 13:07:43 »
Round 2. Here is A.'s Playmo Town in its current set up using a keyboard stand. Our hunt for bedroom furniture was curtailed by lockdown, but this temporary arrangement seems to be working really well! The town is on the bluffs overlooking the beach. The sea is a large piece of felt that can be rolled up when the rest of the bedroom is in use!

I'll work round clockwise in further posts ...

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 13:22:03 »
Here is the school. Based on the History Class (#9455) with supplementary tables, chairs, pens, globe (for geography lessons) and skeleton (for biology). The school set (#9453) is fantastic but expensive and takes up a lot of space. By contrast I picked up the History Class for 50% off (I thank you!). My only real beef with this set is why provide a klicky who can't sit down when they even have a chair?!  8}
A, was quite taken with ROBert so I picked him up direct. He makes an excellent classroom assistant.

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 13:30:16 »
And here is the hospital. I bought the same base and walls as the school and then used the Children's Hospital Room (#70192), the two wheelchair sets (#6663 and #70193) and lots of supplementary spare parts. The first set of walls were warped and I remember coming on this site (before I was a member) looking for ways of flattening them! Anyway our friends in Basildon sent me replacement parts. Once we added the dentist though (#6662) I did sort of wish I'd thought up a two-storey solution.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 21:31:52 »
That all looks great. Adding floors, rearranging buildings, constant reconstruction will be the future for a while I would guess. That's the way it goes with this hobby, an ever expanding world.