Author Topic: Pirates!  (Read 6095 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Pirates!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 17:19:37 »
My 3750 did come with those stickers.... at the time we didn't have extra stuff to add, so..

(those ropes tied to the .. things on the cabin.. it doesn't work)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 12:01:34 »
(those ropes tied to the .. things on the cabin.. it doesn't work)

I agree! It never made sense that you couldn't access the cabin without untying the ropes or pulling the things (cleats) out of their sockets. By the time if the 3940 ship they solved this and the rear deck lifts off easily.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmorten

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2021, 14:01:09 »
What a great thread, and fun to read your comments on both 3550 and 3750! I was pretty sure I wouldn't buy a 3550, since I already had the 3750 ship. But finally I was not able to resist any longer, and this arrived yesterday. I believe this is the very same box version I had as a kid, and I'm very happy to have it again.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2021, 17:29:24 »
What a great thread, and fun to read your comments on both 3550 and 3750! I was pretty sure I wouldn't buy a 3550, since I already had the 3750 ship. But finally I was not able to resist any longer, and this arrived yesterday. I believe this is the very same box version I had as a kid, and I'm very happy to have it again.

That's wonderful! I never had one as a kid.. I suppose I've had my revenge now..  >:D

Offline playmorten

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2021, 19:46:33 »
That's wonderful! I never had one as a kid.. I suppose I've had my revenge now..  >:D

The great thing about being adult! (If you have the money, that is.) My parents actually (and this was the only time this happened)  allowed me to take money from my very small bank account to pay for the 3550. They must have realised that I would play a lot with it ...