General > Mystery Figures Series

70159 + 70160 Figures 16

<< < (2/5) > >>

StJohn:

--- Quote from: tahra on March 26, 2020, 15:54:29 ---To me it's a big big violin  :P

--- End quote ---

Actually, there is no PM cello. Perhaps because it would be impossible to position one between a klicky's legs.

Finished reading your review, which I much enjoyed. Many, many thanks for your observations (many of which I had missed) and for the permanent record. It wasn't a great series, though, but I agree that the Asian lady is very nice.

The green hands on the winged weirdo (Boys 4) are unfortunate. I have an inkling that there are huge reserves out there at Malta, and that Figures are sometimes specifically designed to use up old stock. The head is great, though (even when print quality varies considerably). I turned him into the lord of Dragon Towers:



The "windvane" on the top of the knight's helmet (Boys 8) in grey was found before in 5978: 30 22 0152 - Crest for helmet, falcon with wings spread.

The wolf hat and bear skin on the hunter (Boys 9) fit perfectly, inadvertently creating the impression that he caught one hell of a big wolf!  :lol:

The review is dated August 2019, and you're only alerting us now?

Browsing your site I can across the account of the creation of Boomer Click, which I found strangely touching. Thank you for that.

Best wishes
StJohn

tahra:

--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---Actually, there is no PM cello. Perhaps because it would be impossible to position one between a klicky's legs.

--- End quote ---

From wikepedia: Contrabass


--- Quote ---While the term most commonly refers to the double bass (which is the bass instrument in the orchestral string family, tuned lower than the cello), many other instruments in the contrabass register exist.
--- End quote ---

Is it a double bass, then? Googling it, that is what I got: wikipedia link

I want to correct the name..



--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---Finished reading your review, which I much enjoyed. Many, many thanks for your observations (many of which I had missed) and for the permanent record. It wasn't a great series, though, but I agree that the Asian lady is very nice.

--- End quote ---

Thank you :)  And thank you for the feedback!



--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---The green hands on the winged weirdo (Boys 4) are unfortunate. I have an inkling that there are huge reserves out there at Malta, and that Figures are sometimes specifically designed to use up old stock.

--- End quote ---

Like THAT hair?  :P


--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---The head is great, though (even when print quality varies considerably). I turned him into the lord of Dragon Towers:

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is :) And that one looks great!


--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---The "windvane" on the top of the knight's helmet (Boys 8) in grey was found before in 5978:
30 22 0152 - Crest for helmet, falcon with wings spread.

--- End quote ---

Again, thank you - I will add that.


--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---The review is dated August 2019, and you're only alerting us now?

--- End quote ---

I had taken the pics and made my comments then.. but only finished handling the pics (that I hate) now... I decided to keep the original date. Have movie S2 and s17 to do too... But those no pics taken yet, so..


--- Quote from: StJohn on March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 ---Browsing your site I can across the account of the creation of Boomer Click, which I found strangely touching. Thank you for that.

--- End quote ---

Thank you :)  (he says "thank you too")

Actually, he turned 8 recently...  :love:

Macruran:
It's definitely a double bass because the klicky is clearly a jazz musician and the double bass is used in jazz (the cello is not).  :2c:

tahra:

--- Quote from: Macruran on March 27, 2020, 00:48:16 ---It's definitely a double bass because the klicky is clearly a jazz musician and the double bass is used in jazz (the cello is not).  :2c:

--- End quote ---

Right... Besides knowing nothing of musical instruments.. I... strongly dislike jazz.   :-[

edit: Fixed it!   Thank you :)

Ismene:
Cellos are much smaller. I always considered Playmobil's 'violin' to be a viola because of the sizing.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version