General > Mystery Figures Series

70159 + 70160 Figures 16

<< < (3/5) > >>

tahra:

--- Quote from: Ismene on March 27, 2020, 07:26:29 ---Cellos are much smaller. I always considered Playmobil's 'violin' to be a viola because of the sizing.  ;)

--- End quote ---

:-[  I had no idea.... It's kinda like the "ducks" (all ducks to me), I guess..

Ismene:

--- Quote from: tahra on March 27, 2020, 07:32:27 --- :-[  I had no idea.... It's kinda like the "ducks" (all ducks to me), I guess..

--- End quote ---

Cellos are the ones where the player is sitting down and the instrument is between their knees.
I don't think PM would ever intentionally make a viola. Violas are the unloved instrument of the orchestra. But klickies can't bend their elbows, so the instrument is proportionally larger (i.e. viola sized).

tahra:

--- Quote from: Ismene on March 27, 2020, 07:49:23 ---Cellos are the ones where the player is sitting down and the instrument is between their knees.
I don't think PM would ever intentionally make a viola. Violas are the unloved instrument of the orchestra. But klickies can't bend their elbows, so the instrument is proportionally larger (i.e. viola sized).

--- End quote ---

Yes, a lot of playmostuff has silly sizes, when "translated" to ours... Well.. starting with the klickys, right :)

Ismene:

--- Quote from: tahra on March 27, 2020, 08:21:34 ---Yes, a lot of playmostuff has silly sizes, when "translated" to ours... Well.. starting with the klickys, right :)

--- End quote ---

Too true. Their heads!  :lol:

GrahamB:

--- Quote from: Ismene on March 27, 2020, 07:49:23 ---Cellos are the ones where the player is sitting down and the instrument is between their knees.

--- End quote ---

Sir Thomas Beecham (English conductor) once reprimanded a lady cellist thus:
"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it."

Apart from the length and weight, one reason you can't play a 'cello under your chin like a violin is because it has a ruddy great spike in the bottom!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version