Creative > How-To

Tips for sticky / tacky softer plastic pieces?

<< < (2/3) > >>

tahra:
:o

Mayo?! Seriously?!

Mind boggles.

I also have plenty of junk set aside to remove stickers (you know, glass containers from food and such), I never heard of that! I need to buy some cheap mayo and try!

(I never tested the baby powder - so much to do, I always seem to leave a lot for "next time"...)

klickyklack:

--- Quote from: tahra on February 23, 2020, 17:52:56 ---:o

Mayo?! Seriously?!

Mind boggles.

I also have plenty of junk set aside to remove stickers (you know, glass containers from food and such), I never heard of that! I need to buy some cheap mayo and try!

(I never tested the baby powder - so much to do, I always seem to leave a lot for "next time"...)

--- End quote ---

The only reason I don't like using mayo is it tends to be smellier (because of the eggs in mayo, & eggy smells gross me out) & that's not an issue with margerine or a butter substitute "spread".  Leave it on overnight, or longer for more stubborn glue & the glue will just wipe off with a cloth/some kitchen roll.

tahra:

--- Quote from: klickyklack on February 23, 2020, 18:57:45 ---The only reason I don't like using mayo is it tends to be smellier (because of the eggs in mayo, & eggy smells gross me out) & that's not an issue with margerine or a butter substitute "spread".  Leave it on overnight, or longer for more stubborn glue & the glue will just wipe off with a cloth/some kitchen roll.

--- End quote ---

Well, margerine will work too! ;)

Thank you for the tip!

klickyklack:
I tried it with some feathers, left 1 in baby powder & another in marg for 24 hours.  I wiped & cleaned them both off afterwards & left them to dry overnight, & I personally think the talc one feels slightly less tacky.  Both feel better than they did (& both had previously been cleaned but were still tacky) but the stickiness hasn't entirely gone.  Definitely better though.

The one that had marg on doesn't smell too good (I have a strong sense of smell) so for future ones I'll stick to the baby powder.  I can still smell marg on the feather even after 2 washes & drying over night (& have now put that one in baby powder to try & reduce the stickiness & hopefully get rid of/mask the smell).  I took photos, but don't have time to upload them, so I'll save that for later..

--- Quote from: tahra on February 23, 2020, 19:40:48 ---Well, margerine will work too! ;)

Thank you for the tip!

--- End quote ---

Certain glues it just doesn't work with, so with those I end up re-washing & going the rubbing alcohol & the like route, but I always try marg first now.

tahra:
I will have to try to drown mine in baby powder..  The advantage is that it's not greasy.. I mean, you can't really leave smears of margerine or mayo on playmoparts, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version