Creative > Story-Telling

Halloween Special Part 2: The Ghost Carriage

(1/3) > >>

Tim_w:
Hello  All  >:D

Here is the first in a selection of short descriptions of real haunting's in the UK, taken from James Herbert's book Dark Places. A picture showing my representation of the haunting accompanies each story. As each story is different I have decided to post them separately rather than together as I feel if they were together they would detract from each other. The location of the haunting is given at the beginning of the story. Some of these stories might be scary for small children so caution is advised. I will save what I consider to be the best and scariest for last >:D.

Near Cutcombe, Somerset:

Tight bends can all ways be hazardous, but even the most cautious driver may be fatally distracted by the unexpected. After all, there is no provision in the Highway Code for ghostly hearses, pulled by four headless horses without even a phantom driver to control them. Not surprisingly, then, there have been a number of accidents hereabouts that are laid at the door of these reckless beasts. Why this particular stretch of road? Somewhere in the past there must be an explanation, but as things stand, what causes these creatures to appear here remains a mystery...

Kindest Regards  Tim :wave:

playmofire:
Interesting story and a great photo, Tim.   I especially like the detail of the skid marks.

Presumably you beheaded the horses with software and not for real.

Tim_w:
Hello Gordon   :)

Thank you for the kind feedback as allways its really appreciated. Here is another picture of the Ghost carriage, the horses are indeed genuine headless horses  :)

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

Little Jo:
Oh, again some headless "creatures" ... this reminds me on Queen's Don't loose your head
Cool photo. I agree, the skid marks are very neat details, and the SWIFT GSI (?) identification plates. Really well done, Tim.
And I also agree: would really be scaring if I drive my used way along and suddenly an annicient carriage crosses my way ...  :-\

playmofire:
Thanks for the bigger picture, Tim, which shows how you've done things.

Are you going to recreate the scene of the horse's head in the bed from The Godfather next? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version