Creative > How-To

Disassembling the 3880 fire engine

<< < (2/2)

Richard:

Thanks, for your very clear instructions, Gordon ...

My only problem with disassembling any Playmobil vehicle is that I am always hesitant to put it back together. I am almost always certain that I will want to paint or modify something else later ... :lol:

So, I have boxes of disassembled Playmobil stuff that someday I am going to reassemble ... ;)

It is interesting (at least for me) how much more you can appreciate the genius of Playmobil products when they are disassembled. The simplicity and beauty of design is somewhat lost on a fully assembled vehicle.

When I look at other products that are held together by glue, screws, staples, etc. and then look at my snap-together Playmobil, I am always impressed with the imagination and creativity that went into their design.

Thanks for reminding me with your excellent disassembly demonstration, Gordon.

All the best,
Richard

playmofire:
Thanks for your kind comments, Richard; they'e much appreciated.  Like you, the way Playmobil create such detailed and sturdy toys without use of glue, screws etc amazes me.  When you look at the construction of Playmobil and also at they way a particular piece takes on different roles in different sets you realise just how creative and flexible in their thinking the Playmobil designers are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version