Creative > Kingdoms Map

Ceragem photostory: a night of shadows

(1/13) > >>

Wolf Knight:
Jade City... Ceragem's capital... early hours of the night...

Two men stand guard outside the old northeastern tower ruin...

''Chilly night mate''
''Yeah, good thing nothing ever happens here..''
''Oh but they expect trouble soon. As of tomorrow, six of us will be guarding this back door here...''
''Where did you learned that?''
''Heard the captain saying so to the sergeant..''
''Why so?''
'' Cause... hold on, heard that?''

''Who goes there?''
''Relax men, I've been send to check on you''

''You? A renegade Red Hawk captain?''
''A renegate only his house, not you boy.''
''Where's the City Guard captain?''
''He wont be able to... perform his duties tonight.....''

The attack came from behind, one of the guards struck down, while the other one, neglecting what he had in front of him, turned to face what was at his back...

...and that was his downfall, as the renegade Red Hawk captain drew his sword and attacked him on the back...

''Nice work...now, to let the others in...''

''Welcome to Jade City'' said the captain to the men who came out of the tunnel...

A brief session was held, everybody reviewed what they had to do...

''Most of the City Guard's been taken care of by my Red Hawks'' said the captain, ''only thing remain are the Gate Guard and the Gatemaster...''
''What about the palace?''
''My men are storming the palace as we speak...''

Wolf Knight:
Dujek, the king's brother, had call for a meeting of the Lords that night. He was told to expect the king the following morning with the rest of their allies and that the Lords were to be briefed in the future course of action so that the kingdom could be secured from another ill attempt of the Duke...

''I told you before, we have no intel regarding the Duke's actions. We only know he got the defence plans of our city in his hands... access and entry points, defences, number of men at guard posts, everything... I've devised some changes but I need your cooperation to secure the city further''

''But we have a big army to protect us, why do you need our men drawn into the city guard? Call onto the army'' said one of the nobles.
''The army is spread out thin throughout the realm. General Lionheart feared of attacks throughout the kingdom, he wanted to make sure the countryside is secure''
''And because of that we have to give you access to all our men?''the noble persisted
''We must draw more men in the defence of the city'' said Dujek ''if we are attacked we won't be able to hold for long. I ask you bring your men to the City Guard at least until the army can send a sizable battalion back into the city''.
''Its a fair request'' said another lord ''you can count on my men!''

...''Look at them...'' thought Lord Blackhawk... he gave a small glance on his cousin at the other end of his side of the table ''fighting over petty feuds...they had this coming for some time... and you, my dear cousin, will always wanted your way... well, you can keep your Gryphon... the Hawk will surely proveyour superior...''
His thoughts were interrupted when the door of the council chamber open wide and the Palace Guard outside was thrown wounded onto their feet... all turned to look in surprise..

Wolf Knight:
Gatemaster had a long day... he did not even manage to update his log of this morning...although he was sleepy he had to finish this...

...when he was suddenly interrupted by two men who entered his room...

''What the..''
''No suddens move Gatekeeper... your books can wait for another time... you'll come with us, and you're gonna call the gate guards to come to you...''
''I will do no such thing...''
''You choose...but know that this blade been dried for a long time... its thirsty you see'' said one of them and pointed the tip of his obsidian sword onto his body...

At the same time, in the gate guard house the Red Dragons where swift with their task...

An army captain was there who gave them some difficult time...he turned on his attacker, but one of the Red dragons elite was ready to strike him back...

as one Red Dragon was coming down, the other stroke the captain on his arm...

..the captain now pinned down heard one of them say: ''Now you come with us, you can help us instead of causing us trouble''

Wolf Knight:
The council chamber doors opened wide and the Red Hawks stormed the room...

Some of the Lords drew their swords and it was clear now the Lord Blackhawk was playing them the whole time...

As the Guards inside the room left the side of Dujek to aid the Lords, he appeared again...

''Everybody stand still'' yelled Blackhawk '' and came next to Baaljak who was holding the prince at tip's point..

He looked at the prince for a few moments and said... ''You've been prince for a long time... Don't you want to be king?''
''Lord Blackhawk!'' a voice was heard coming from the door ''this is a good question... but I think it should be answered another time...

Wolf Knight:
The Gatemaster closed in on the gate... he was made to believe that someone was still pointing at him...

But he found courage to say ''They are coming through the door.'' The guards looked at him with a strange look  and then they saw their opponents...

One of the Red Dragons went for the Gatemaster shouting ''We told you someone was pointing at you'', while another went for the other guard...

.. who did not hesitate to fight back...

..but who was also overcome by the numbers of his opponents...

One of the Elite Red Dragon asked the other ''And now we wait for the others?'' ''Yes my brother'' said the other..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version