Author Topic: what is the best way to post photos  (Read 810 times)

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
what is the best way to post photos
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:56:42 »
what is the best way to, or how do you post photos in a thread? ???
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: what is the best way to post photos
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:08:42 »
You can host your photos on photobucket (it's free). Just start an account there, and use the bulk uploader tool to upload the pics from your computer, as it is much easier than uploading individually, even if you only have one to upload. Once you have uploaded the pics, resize them so that the picture will be the right size for the screen here, 480 x 640 seems to be a good size. Then you can copy and paste the image code, which will be provided there on the site, the one that begins and ends with img, into your post, and it should appear!

One note, even after you resize it, it may still look too big to you after you post it, but after a day or so you'll see it in the right size. To everyone else, the correct size will show up immediately.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 13:55:36 »
thanks. i wasn't sure if you could use flickr or something other than photobucket. i need to take some new photos, but i thought i'd add some of my older ones as a start
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 14:24:27 »
Yes, flickr works as well. I've never used it, but some members here do. The only one not really recommended is image shack, because there have been issues from time to time with members in certain countries not being able to see the pictures.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.