Author Topic: Secret Klicky for Little Jo - Vagabond  (Read 6961 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Secret Klicky for Little Jo - Vagabond
« on: December 19, 2007, 17:58:16 »
Although I have received the figure from CountBogro some days ago, I finally managed to make some photos of them (embedding the figure into a little story).

Thanks Bogro for the figure and its accessories. It matches well into my modern theme!

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
Re: Secret Klicky for Little Jo - Vagabond
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 19:23:19 »
Great vagabond, cool story and nice glasses for your wife!!

Rob

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 20:25:59 »
Great Story Jochen !!

Nice custom !!

world greets

Andi

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 21:15:48 »

Hello, Jochen ...

I really love the comic book technique that you use for your photo-stories!

Do you use PhotoShop?

I would really appreciate a tutorial on how to do "comic book" style photo-stories.

BTW, where did y'all take Steve (the wonderful "homeless person" from Count Bogro)?

:xholly: Seasons Greetings,
Richard

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 22:10:14 »
I think Steve was very lucky to be found by two such kind-hearted people. :)

Great little story, Jochen, and a very unique-looking custom by Bogro! The parts and accessories he chose for the homeless figure are spot on. :)9

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 01:39:42 »
Great story Jochen!  And great custom, Bogro!

But, Jochen, that very nice story is obviously not about the American variety of homeless person!!!

(Wander around Chicago Union Station late evening, you'll meet red-blooded American homeless people!  And, on visits to Seattle, I always found myself walking a gauntlet of aggressive homeless guys telling me I owed them spare change)

Seriously, though, waking a guy up like that could get you killed...  In the army, I learned that a lot of street-smart guys wake up with fists-swinging.  A street person is probably even more ready to defend himself (?).

Or, maybe I'm just a Scrooge.  I think there are church groups that go around the street inviting homeless guys to shelter and soup kitchens.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:59:20 »
Great figure and a nice story with him Jochen

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 14:44:31 »
Excelent figures, and nice story.
Well done :yup:

Jimbo

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 16:52:41 »
Thank you all for the praise, but I just made the photos; Bogro deserves the praise for his figure and the nice accessories.

But, Jochen, that very nice story is obviously not about the American variety of homeless person!!!

[...]

Yes, you're absolutely right (and I assume not only about Americans but also about a lot of more people all over the world), and I also can confirm the "fact" that I always "owe" spare change to somebody when in large German cities passing by those special social class people -- strange, isn't it?

I'm not sure if I would be so daring in real live, and anyway I must admit that I haven't spend much thoughts about real live adaption of this scenery when taking the photos. I just received this beautiful figure and wanted to put it into some "spotlight". So I made a shot of the first story line that came into my mind, not thinking about the before and the after (also to answer Richard's question ;)), but just submerging into my intact world of Playmobil :-[ -- anyway I know for sure, life is cruel, brutal and isn't fair at all (or as we said more "flowery": life is not a child's birthday party) ... but you're right, maybe we should think more often about what we display and what it means/meant in real live for the affected people in physical and emotional feelings, e.g. being hit by a broad sword of a knight, smashed by a pirate's canon ball, tear into pieces by a wild animal in the Coloseum Maximus fighting for your live, or just being rescued after being involved into a car accident with a lengthy treatment and recovery ...  :hmm:)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 17:53:11 »

"being homeless" is just a state in which everybody could get at a certain point.
it is not a character attribute.
 :help: 

It is a proven fact that the poorer people are, the more mercyful they get.  :yup:

I think it is more of the fact that surviving homeless in the streets of a US capital
is much harder, cruel and more dangerous than in germany. So, of course those
people become more alert.

Maybe you need much more Jochens over there...  ;)

No offence, but we all are very privileged to spent our money on toys for fun.

Thank you for this beautiful story, Jochen.
It really gives some kind of christmas spirit.
:xholly:

best,
socrates
<*)

P.S.: What building did you use for the background of your scene?
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen