Author Topic: New stuff 2019  (Read 20604 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: New stuff 2019
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2019, 16:46:55 »
Chief Arsonist / Lucifer´s Dad

The lord of 3665 pimped! Nice. Where did you find that picture, Hadoque? If possible, I would like to link to it.

Offline Craig659

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2019, 17:27:32 »
I refuse to call this *theme* the Knights Theme.  This is verging into Steampunk territory.  Clearly the new "Faux-Knights" and the Playmo Movie sets are being influenced by the success of the Lego Movies.  Mashing genres together, making it look "cool" with lots of 'splosions and fighting!  Ugh, so not where I want my Playmobil to go.  On the other hand, as I close in on 50, I can identify with the Dad/Kid dynamic at the end of the Lego movie.  I get that Playmobil is primarily selling to kids not adult collectors. Still disappointed though. 

All, in all, I think there are some cool pieces in the new sets (both "Fuax-Kinghts" and Playo Movie sets) but I there's not much there to excite me as a whole. 

Oh, well.

Craig569

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2019, 17:31:36 »
A match for the green blob

Do not give him any matches, he already is a big fan of the Arsonists´Castle.  ;D

Sorry S.J., I just couldn´t resist this one  :P

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2019, 17:33:41 »
Where did you find that picture, Hadoque? If possible, I would like to link to it.

In an article of the Aachener Zeitung about the Toyfair, it´s picture  n° 4 ;

https://www.aachener-zeitung.de/panorama/spielwarenmesse-2019-in-nuernberg-eroeffnet_bid-36127215#3

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2019, 18:31:45 »
Playmobil´s Spielwarenmesse 2019 Promo-figure for girls;

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2019, 19:11:59 »
Playmobil´s Spielwarenmesse 2019 Promo-figure for girls;

Playmobil´s Spielwarenmesse 2019 Promo-figure girls - not FOR girls...  GAH.

How To Tell If A Toy Is For Boys Or Girls In One Easy Step (link) - VERY USEFUL.
(we should plaster this all over playmobil's offices, I fear.)

The guy is rescue.. meh. But I wanted that one NOW! 3 or 4! :)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2019, 19:37:26 »
Playmobil the Movie sets have now been listed in the German web shop: https://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Search-Show?cgid=Movie

Was it clear to you all that the Movie Figures bags are actual "Figures", i. e. in parts to be assembled? It wasn't to me!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2019, 20:06:05 »
Nice to see the return of two of the original medieval hats - the jester hat in black and the robin hood hat in blue with yellow? feather. I'm pretty much done with new sets these days but lots of interesting parts coming out. I agree that this is not a knights theme.

While the theme overall has a nice fantasy feel to it, some things are just silly like the landing ramp on the castle and the giant crossbow stuck on the side of the cart, along with the gripper thing. The wolf team pulling the catapult would have looked so much better as a pair of oxen - even if they were black ox with red eyes and horns or somesuch.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2019, 21:09:40 »
Playmobil the Movie sets have now been listed in the German web shop: https://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Search-Show?cgid=Movie

Was it clear to you all that the Movie Figures bags are actual "Figures", i. e. in parts to be assembled? It wasn't to me!

Thanks for pointing out they´re already shown in the shop.
I was told a few days ago they would come in blind bags, but I wasn´t 100% sure if they were to be assembled like the Surprise Figures.

So 3 euro per klicky (in DE) for a Movie Figure instead of 2 euro (in DE) like for the Surprise Figures.
And release of the first batch Movie Figures in June, a month later Surprise Figures Series 16 ... Collecting Playmo becomes exhausting, for the wallet and soon mentally & physically as well  8}

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2019, 21:31:21 »
Some prices are OK, actually.

70076: four clowns, two statues with pedestals and an bit of architecture ("Colosseum") for 20 € (probably less in the shops), is manageable.

70070: one guy with a plastic bag for 10 €, not.