Author Topic: Eidgenössischer Schwingerverband - Swiss Wrestling Sets  (Read 380 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
I couldn't find much information on these, but there seem to be 3 special sets - they're on Klickypedia

https://www.klickypedia.com/exclusive-sets/eidgenoessischer-schwingerverband/

And I saw one on Facebook. I'm not sure if anyone has anymore information on them?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Eidgenössischer Schwingerverband - Swiss Wrestling Sets
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 16:01:11 »
This gives real life background:

https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/experiences/events/alpine-wrestling-festival/

But Playmobil are going "popular" in one direction with the licensing and "niche" in another, which suggests they don't know where they are going.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 16:22:05 »
I think these niche sets are spectacular, they give a fascinating glimpse into an individual country's culture and remind us the world hasnt been completely homogenized (yet). I just don't understand why PM doesn't sell these worldwide, which they could easily do via their various sites.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 00:44:57 »
Great sets that if accessible I would buy them all

Did the chap win the cow or is he going to wrestle the cow ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 04:20:49 »

But Playmobil are going "popular" in one direction with the licensing and "niche" in another, which suggests they don't know where they are going.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive - we think it is because we know they're having problems, but if Lego was doing badly then you could look at their range and say it's wildly incoherent. It's perfectly possible that these niche figures help to give the brand an air of 'respectability' that appeals to 'aspirational' parents that arguably the main assortment no longer does.

I mean - there is an argument that they don't know where they're going, but that's evidenced in the main range, not these niche museum-type sets.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 21:57:12 »
The thing is that they don't see the success of these niche sets - which are always commissioned by outside organizations - and think "hey, maybe we should do a main line cultural theme". That seems like such an obvious idea I'm absolutely nonplussed why it hasn't occurred to them. No plusses at all to be found in me! Imagine a Fi?ures series consisting entirely of historical figures.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 01:54:05 »
The thing is that they don't see the success of these niche sets - which are always commissioned by outside organizations - and think "hey, maybe we should do a main line cultural theme". That seems like such an obvious idea I'm absolutely nonplussed why it hasn't occurred to them. No plusses at all to be found in me! Imagine a Fi?ures series consisting entirely of historical figures.

Only problem is there is no virtue signaling in those ideas . How is playmobil supposed to show how awesome they are with a bunch of old classic ideas ?

Since they began the licensing with Disney I’m surprise all the historical facts haven’t been altered for corporate social points

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: