General > Report & Review

70894 / 5320 Dining Room Comparison

<< < (2/5) > >>

tahra:

--- Quote from: CountBogro on March 25, 2022, 10:36:55 ---Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Playmobils Quality Control has been dropping a lot lately.
Generally, I don't go for "all-was-better-in-the-olden-days" sentiment, but for Playmobil this seems to be the case.

That makes me really sad  :'(

--- End quote ---

Ditto.

The printing quality has been a mess for years, and only getting worse. And the lame printed heads make it even more obvious... Not only messed up printings but also misplaced, like the moron-looking spirit klickys, with the faces printed on the forehead (and it's almost all of them)

Ismene:
IMO this is a prime example of trying too hard to compete on price. There was even a sale going on (sorry, Tahra), so I paid less than $13 for this set, which is insane. I absolutely got more than I paid for, just in the parts that pass spec. This set was not this cheap in the '90s, and Google tells me that the dollar has about halved in value since 1992. We all love a discount, but that amount of a price dip means corners are being cut.

Rasputin:
Thank you for the side x side comparison

With the prices the original sets were getting on the secondary market, I am very glad there is a re-release of many Victorian sets

$13 for all this , that’s a cup of crappy specialty coffee at the green sea  giants

Oliver:
Thanks for the review.

I had actually wondered about the sofa, since I looked at the instructions and they included assembling the sofa whereas on the old one the seating didn't come off.

It is very cheap, not only in comparison to the original but compared to other similar sized sets they have out

Rasputin:

--- Quote from: Oliver on March 25, 2022, 14:06:58 ---Thanks for the review.

I had actually wondered about the sofa, since I looked at the instructions and they included assembling the sofa whereas on the old one the seating didn't come off.

It is very cheap, not only in comparison to the original but compared to other similar sized sets they have out

--- End quote ---

In the states “cheap” has multiple meanings

Cheap as in …..inexpensive
Or
Cheap as in ……low quality

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version