Getting Started > Welcome!

Good evening from The Netherlands!

(1/3) > >>

Ddwk95:
Greetings from the middle of The Netherlands!

My name is Diederik, I'm in my mid-20's and a fan of Playmobil since I was 4.
At that time I played with my uncle's 1970's Playmobil when I stayed at my grandparents. I remember that I got my two first sets on my 5th birthday, 3041 (Jeep with speedboat) and 3925 (ambulance).

I have a physical disabilty since I was born and playing outside with neighbour kids or classmates was often not possible, so I spent a lot of hours at home playing with Playmobil and Lego. Still, Playmobil was my favourite and my fantasy was unlimited at that time. My collection grew through the years until I reached the high school age. With a few exeptions, collecting has stopped since then.

But my interest in Playmobil remained. Unfortunately, all Playmobil is in the attic, but the catalogues I collected in those years are close by. Everytime I don't feel well, I look through them.

I recently was searching for Playmobil on the Dutch website Marktplaats.nl where many Playmobil sets or parts are offered. Most of the time incomplete sets, and I was wondering if I could possibly buy the sets, make them complete, clean them and sell them. So I would like to get in touch with people who restore sets and want to know how people get spare parts. In addition to that I want to discuss about nice sets and get inspiration to make my own collection bigger, allthough I do not have a whole lot of space at my house. So that’s a point for myself how to shape this.

For so far my introduction. It's nice to have found a forum with fellow Playmobil fans! I hope to learn, be inspired and have lots of fun on the forum.
Nice to get to know each other!

Warm greetings and blessed holidays in advance!

Pynedor:
Welcome! <*) You've certainly found a good place to discuss Playmobil!

To learn about finding and ordering new parts, check out the Direct Service/Parts Queries board. You may be able to order many parts you need directly. Hopefully you decide to keep some instead of selling them though!

Rasputin:
Welcome to the group

My suggestion is going to …..you figure it out

When you buy a job lot that’s is missing parts, just buy another job lot .

Keep buying job lots until you found the parts your looking for

Then the random sets you now have that are also missing parts ….

Keep repeating the process

Pretty soon you’ll have a playmo-mountain  and a few complete sets

GrahamB:
Welcome to this small but friendly forum, Diederik, from Stroud in the UK.

To work out which parts are missing from a set, a good place to start is the wonderful Playmodb website. You will often find that parts which are missing from older sets have been reused in more recent sets. If so, they can usually be obtained from the spare parts service (you can check availability here). Failing that, it's back to Markplaats or eBay!

tahra:
Welcome from Portugal!

--- Quote from: Rasputin on December 21, 2021, 03:33:15 ---When you buy a job lot that’s is missing parts, just buy another job lot .

Keep buying job lots until you found the parts your looking for

Then the random sets you now have that are also missing parts ….

Keep repeating the process

Pretty soon you’ll have a playmo-mountain  and a few complete sets 

--- End quote ---

^ this ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version