Getting Started > Welcome!

Welcome from the Mid West (US)

(1/4) > >>

Meg:
Hi,
Meg is my nickname, ever since I was little.  It fits me nicely.  (I am NOT a Meghan, as that name didnt become popular until about 10 yrs after I was born.  :P )

I have lived in Madison, WI since about 1982  (The years prior to that I was a student at the University and didnt qualify as a state resident)
I grew up in a suburb of Rochester, NY.  Our home was about 5 miles away from Lake Ontario.

I am married, and have one daughter, Zina, who is 13.

I stumbled onto Playmobil several years ago when other friends introduced me to the toy.  Their daughters were a bit older than Zina.  I bought alot of 1*2*3 items when Zina was a toddler, and the line was very new.  Then, I bought her the Victorian dollhouse when she was about 6 or 7, along with many of the room sets to go with it.
I became a fan of Playmobil, when I started researching what other Victorian sets there were, and noticed how incomplete my collection was.  Our house has never been the same.   8}

I have tried very hard NOT to stray into too many themes, but it is nearly impossible.
I would list the themes that I enjoy, but it would include just about everything.
My husband does not understand the collector in me.  :hmm:

For a reality check, I tutor children in Math.  I like doing it, and think I am pretty good at it, too.

I have also gone by the pseudonym of LadyM in other cyber neighborhoods.

I have been happy to help Sylvia, G, Psyche and Serenity in the establishment of this site.  I hope all of you come to enjoy it as well.

Psyche:
Meg? I knew a Meg once...cute chick with a super Playmo collection...could you be her?  A bit of a Ninja as I recall... :wave:

Meg:
that was a younger incarnation

Zina had to do the rainbow text for me when she should be doing her math homework

Psyche:
Well done Zina! Can I get you to do my important correspondance?  :D

Sylvia:

--- Quote from: Meg on November 10, 2005, 18:33:04 ---.... Then, I bought her the Victorian dollhouse when she was about 6 or 7, along with many of the room sets to go with it.
I became a fan of Playmobil, when I started researching what other Victorian sets there were, and noticed how incomplete my collection was.  Our house has never been the same.   8}
--- End quote ---

This sounds a lot like how I became hooked, as it was the Victorian range that started me collecting and researching. I'd known of Playmobil for a few years before my daughter was born, but it wasn't until we bought her the Victorian Dollhouse for Christmas one year that my interest really grew. :)

--- Quote from: Meg on November 11, 2005, 04:27:05 ---Zina had to do the rainbow text for me when she should be doing her math homework

--- End quote ---

Wow! I love it! :D A lot of work, but the effect was worth it! 8-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version