Author Topic: 4821 fire engine  (Read 16788 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: 4821 fire engine
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 21:20:22 »
Good point, Bill.  Try this.  First part of plan as before but you tell your wife the 4820s and 4821s are for you to send to me.  One by one (or two by two) you take them down to the post office, wrapped up with my address on, and return apparently without them.  (They are actually hidden in the car trunk for you to smuggle inside.)  In due course, I email you acknowledging that thye've arrived.   ;D

These plans just get more and more complex! :lol:
Thoguh I love listening to them! ;D Maybe if they work for they they will work for me! :hmm:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 21:25:04 »
Good point, Bill.  Try this.  First part of plan as before but you tell your wife the 4820s and 4821s are for you to send to me.  One by one (or two by two) you take them down to the post office, wrapped up with my address on, and return apparently without them.  (They are actually hidden in the car trunk for you to smuggle inside.)  In due course, I email you acknowledging that they've arrived.   ;D

I think you have a winning idea Gordon ;D! I'll give you fore warning when I need to enact your plan :)9! I may also need to enact a similar plan immediately for my extensive new construction theme, jumbo jets, & nautical exploration theme, acquisitions that I'm working on currently ;)!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2010, 12:14:04 »
Thanks for the great review Gordon  :wave:

I liked the look of the set so much that I have just been out this morning and bought one and a  4825 also :cloud9:

On the way back from town, we passed our local firestation and they were having a charity car wash, and they were using a Scania pumper (sought of like this one) to provide the water, and washing the cars was a large turntable ladder engine (pretty much identical to the 4820) which had it's ladder extended, and was blasting the water out of it's monitor mounted on the basket bit at the end of the ladder.

I have never seen an engine like this in real life before, and I would have just loved to get a picture of it, but I didn't have the camera on me, and we didn't even get the car washed as it was pouring with rain :(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2010, 18:58:45 »
I was never a fun of the playmobil fire department but this review made me go back in time and realise that my first ever playmobil set was the 3236 fire truck!!!
More over, this trully lovely and detailed review placed me in the soft spot of flerting with the idea of adding this set in my collection!!! Unfortunately these sets have not yet arrived in Greece so i went ebaying and got myself a 3525!

Many thanks for this lovely and inspiring review Gordon!!!!

Cheers,
Panos

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2010, 20:51:47 »
I was never a fun of the playmobil fire department but this review made me go back in time and realise that my first ever playmobil set was the 3236 fire truck!!!
More over, this trully lovely and detailed review placed me in the soft spot of flerting with the idea of adding this set in my collection!!! Unfortunately these sets have not yet arrived in Greece so i went ebaying and got myself a 3525!

Many thanks for this lovely and inspiring review Gordon!!!!

Cheers,
Panos

Thank you for your kind words, Panos, and I'm glad to have made a convert to Playmobil fire and rescue.    :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2010, 20:54:19 »
Thanks for the great review Gordon  :wave:

I liked the look of the set so much that I have just been out this morning and bought one and a  4825 also :cloud9:

On the way back from town, we passed our local firestation and they were having a charity car wash, and they were using a Scania pumper (sought of like this one) to provide the water, and washing the cars was a large turntable ladder engine (pretty much identical to the 4820) which had it's ladder extended, and was blasting the water out of it's monitor mounted on the basket bit at the end of the ladder.

I have never seen an engine like this in real life before, and I would have just loved to get a picture of it, but I didn't have the camera on me, and we didn't even get the car washed as it was pouring with rain :(

I hope that they weren't using the monitor at fUll pressure1

Never seen a turntable ladder!  You've had/are having a deprived childhood!   :lol:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2010, 21:00:40 »
I hope that they weren't using the monitor at fUll pressure1

Never seen a turntable ladder!  You've had/are having a deprived childhood!   :lol:

Nope, never seen one :D but it was quite a magnificent sight, and Gordon, you have converted me to fire/rescue - to the extent that I will hopefully be selling all my western to fund lot's of new engines.
(but not as many as Bill has of his 3880's 8})

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2010, 21:07:02 »
Nope, never seen one :D but it was quite a magnificent sight,

I think there are one or two photos on my website (under the incidents button) of turntable ladders in action.  Unfortunately, most of my photos are in store at the moment so my website hasn't been updated for over a year.  You can find it at www.playmofire.eu

and Gordon, you have converted me to fire/rescue - to the extent that I will hopefully be selling all my western to fund lot's of new engines.

Another success!   ;D  If you'd like a 3880 which has workoing roller shutters,, and everyone brigade should have one, let me know as I may have some to dispose of sometime soon.

(but not as many as Bill has of his 3880's 8})

Another success!   ;D  If you'd like a 3880, and everyone brigade should have one, let me know as I may have some to dispose of sometime soon.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2010, 21:16:34 »
Another success!   ;D  If you'd like a 3880, and everyone brigade should have one, let me know as I may have some to dispose of sometime soon.

I have got one thanks,  but it is missing it's flashing light unit. I don't really want anymore than my one though as these new ones are much better ;) There's probably going to be a mass flood of old 3880's and 3182's now on ebay :D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2010, 21:28:34 »
I have got one thanks,  but it is missing it's flashing light unit. I don't really want anymore than my one though as these new ones are much better ;) There's probably going to be a mass flood of old 3880's and 3182's now on ebay :D

You can still get replacement units from DS.