Author Topic: After Purchase Reviews  (Read 1690 times)

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
After Purchase Reviews
« on: August 10, 2010, 23:15:50 »
Hello

I recently purchased a bunch of sets from Toys R Us due to the sale they were having. I had never bought from TRU.com so it came as a surprise that they sent me an Email asking me to do a review. I have never been asked to do a review as I either buy direct or from Playmobil. Has anybody filled out any of these and do you think it is worth the time to help Geobra? I do remember the hub bub about the reviews from the airport security set but that was all negative and those seem to generate a lot more attention.

The questions they are asking are

#1 Review headline
#2 overall rating (stars 1-5)
#3 nick name ( i guess you name yourself)
#4 your location
#5 Describe your experience with the product

#6 pros - Click all that apply:
Easy Assembly
Fun
Sturdy
Weather Resistant

#7 cons - Click all that apply:
Difficult To Assemble
Flimsy
Unattractive Design
Unsafe Features
Unstable

#8 Best Use  - Click all that apply:
Backyard
Older Children
School
Special Needs
Young Children

#9  Describe yourself  -  Click all that apply:
Novice
Do-It-Yourself
Handyman
Professional

#10  Bottom Line
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
No, I would not recommend this to a friend

At the end of the review it said you can post this on Face Book. Maybe this is another way to get Geobra's attention through these types of reviews  ???

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: After Purchase Reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:42:45 »
I think this will affect how toysrus see carrying playmobil on their shelf, thus indirectly giving positive impact to Geobra. I have seen playmobil USA has been doing a great job on facebook, which really is a good channel for promoting their stuffs.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 06:07:33 »
I'm confused by the questions, especially #9. Am I supposed to be a construction engineer?

#8 - at what age do young children become older children?

#5 - my experience with the product? In how many words?

If Playmobil.com sent an email questionnaire to review each set I'd bought I'd probably fill it in (especially if there was a prize draw involved), but this TRU one seems so vague in some areas and specific in others it doesn't feel like it was designed by a professional Market Researcher.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:31 »
I think these reviews are really more for customers then anyhting else. It will be used to give people a better understanding what they are buying from a customer point of view. If you are in doubt if you should get something then, you might be swayed either way by a review!

Of course a positive review will also help the chain to view if they should take/keep the product. But with such an extensive questionare I think they are aware that the response rate will be very low so I doubt they will make business desicions based on that.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 14:26:54 »
This topic and the two about Target's Stocks got me looking at Target.com.

They still officially "carry" 29 different Playmobil sets online, many of them the larger sets that I've never seen on their shelves, but only 10 of these are currently in stock, and only 1 actually available in store. I

Then I read the reviews of Playmobil sets, and as we would all hope and suspect they are generally very favourable, focussing on durability, enjoyment of the kids, development of imagination and other life skills, and the number of small parts (sometimes seen as bad, but most people just say put them away in a ziploc until the kids are older).

Also important is the amount of time a child plays with a toy, and some of these kids are playing with the same toy every day for over a year! No review I've read has yet said that the toys are overpriced.

Of course we must always take reviews with a pinch of salt, because reviewers are self-elected so they may be biased for/against a product, but it's my supposition (and I may be wrong) that people are more likely to volunatrily leave a negative review.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:01 »
I'm confused by the questions, especially #9. Am I supposed to be a construction engineer?

#8 - at what age do young children become older children?

#5 - my experience with the product? In how many words?

If Playmobil.com sent an email questionnaire to review each set I'd bought I'd probably fill it in (especially if there was a prize draw involved), but this TRU one seems so vague in some areas and specific in others it doesn't feel like it was designed by a professional Market Researcher.

I've done reviews on Toysrus before and you can write your own parameters.  It's worth checking out.