Author Topic: Novelmore - New Knight Visor  (Read 4612 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Novelmore - New Knight Visor
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 17:31:53 »
I'll back that up with data - the visor is confirmed as part of 9835 - Knights of Novelmore Captain on the official page for the part https://www.playmobil.de/ersatzteilsuche?q=30038482 (and the helmet to match, https://www.playmobil.de/ersatzteilsuche?q=30038472) and it appears on the instructions for 9001 - Kingsland Dragon with Alex. It has not been on the website for quite some time, hence I missed loading it into the inventory for 9001, but I've added it to both sets now. 

That's terrible that sets were shipped without it and it couldn't be replaced!

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 23:41:58 »
That's terrible that sets were shipped without it and it couldn't be replaced!

I bought it when we learned the set (9001) was going to be discontinued, I guess I bought one of the later/last batches produced.
(when unboxing a set I´m always very carefull to get every small part out of the carton and the plastic bags, so I´m 100% sure the visor did not come with the set.)
When contacting DS immediately afterwards, the visor was also not available anymore as a spare part.
So I assume they ran out of the visors during the last production run, didn´t find it necessary to produce some more and sold some of the last sets without it.
Would also explain why it wasn´t available anymore as a spare part, when the set was just on the brink of discontinuation.
Or did they just tell me it wasn´t available anymore, as the visor is part of the helmet and the helmet then belonged to a "licensed" klicky??  :hmm:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 23:47:57 »
I don't yet have it either.

Now I do! I quite like the new helmet 30038472 + 30038482:

So much that I give it to you from all sides:

Tying in with a recent discussion, I think I can see why a need knight helmet was badly needed. The new one is quite a bit smaller than the previous two models, offsetting, to an extent, the tremendously oversized head of the chicken-legged knight klicky:

Is the Alex visor compatible with the older helmets then?

I tried and found it to be incompatible.

Best wishes
StJohn
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 00:10:45 by StJohn »

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 08:10:48 »
I've got to say: I'm not really sold on its look with the visor down, but with the visor raised, it's totally among the best looking helmets Playmobil ever produced.

As StJohn rightly pointed out, it manages to be way more compact than previous ones, though it still sits on the klicky's hair; I wouldn't mind seeing enclosed helmets that snap directly on the head (like cowabounga's 3D-printed ones did) either.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2019, 09:26:25 »
I wouldn't mind seeing enclosed helmets that snap directly on the head (like cowabounga's 3D-printed ones did) either.

Good point. They did it for pharaoh, so why not for knights?

By the way, does anybody know where to find pictures of cowabounga's creations?

StJohn :wave:

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 17:14:04 »
By the way, does anybody know where to find pictures of cowabounga's creations?

Their FB page Knights Workshop might be a good starting point. Also, you could check out their PhotoBucket gallery: https://s762.photobucket.com/user/cowabounga/library?page=1

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 21:57:00 »
Thanks for the update, a pity about the lack of compatibility but the smaller size is better. The visor when down looks dog like from the side I think.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 07:14:51 »
The visor when down looks dog like from the side I think.

The pronounced snout kinda gives this impression. The overall shape, with a single visor slit, is somewhat evocative of Italian armets:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 15:48:03 »
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms