Author Topic: Evolution of bml87’s collection  (Read 46582 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Evolution of bml87’s collection
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 15:11:33 »

Part number (I guess) of the pilot’s hat; 33064002:

Part number (I guess, though I never saw one starting with 4....) of the sushi; 4301350 16:

These are mold numbers, not part numbers (which generally start 30 or 40). If only Geobra would print part numbers on the parts, life could be a lot easier (though several parts with different numbers can come from the same mold, since the part number also depends on the colour of plastic used and any printing applied).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 14:46:03 »
These are mold numbers, not part numbers (which generally start 30 or 40). If only Geobra would print part numbers on the parts, life could be a lot easier (though several parts with different numbers can come from the same mold, since the part number also depends on the colour of plastic used and any printing applied).

I totally missed this reply, sorry about that GrahamB! But thanks for the explanation about the mold numbers! Damn it, no sushi orders then...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 14:55:35 »
Today I did that 3-hour train trip again to Galeria Kaufhof in Aachen to collect my online order (so far they still don’t ship items out of Germany), but it was all worth it (in my opinion). Woke up this morning at 4:45 am to start my journey and this is what I got myself:

Click the pictures to enlarge ;)

A closer look at the fortune teller! According to the box picture, she’s part of the circus. She’s a great klicky (but as some of us mentioned before, it’s a pity she can’t sit...). The tarot cards are also a really nice addition!

The tarot cards:

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 15:00:05 »
Wow ~ looks like we have to take "tarot cards" off the list of "things that don't exist in Playmoworld"!  :D
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:48 »
The fortune teller looks great, and fits in many themes.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 19:39:23 »
The hunt is on! Today I found series 14 in Belgium! I searched for 3 klickies that I wanted:

The Nutcracker, the 50's gangster and his Tommy gun and the Roaring twenties' girl (click the picture to enlarge):

(note that the gangster comes with money, I didn't used the notes for the pictures)

The Nutcracker is easy to find because of his hat.
The gangster is a bit more difficult, since a similar coat is used for the Musketier and his crossbow. I would focus on the suitcase.
The girl was easy to find because (at least in the 3 bags I bought) her dress has been put in the bag as 1 piece and is open behind the neck.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 21:04:52 by bml87 »

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 19:53:26 »
Today I found series 14 in Belgium!

Congratulations  :) Which brand of store?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2018, 20:03:56 »
Congratulations  :) Which brand of store?

Bart Smit and Intertoys, both offer them at the same price € 2,49 each. I guess Colruyt and Euroshop must have them too by now.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2018, 07:25:53 »
Great figures! Thanks for the tips on how to find them when sealed in their bags! I have taken to buying full sets on eBay, it costs a bit more but I don't waste money on duplicates! I will look out for series 14 now they are out!

How is the Nutcracker's mouth made? Is it printing on the chin and neck?? That would be a first I think.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 08:17:32 »
How is the Nutcracker's mouth made? Is it printing on the chin and neck?? That would be a first I think.

Hereby a close up from the head (click to enlarge), the printing is indeed on the chin and neck!

I also forgot to mention the newspaper of the 50's gangster. Apparently (and unfortunately) it's a paper version, not like the plastic newspaper: part 30045730. Hereby two pictures of the front and the back of the newspaper. The text seems to be in Latin, I tried to translate it via Google translate, but that didn't work well... (click to enlarge)