Author Topic: Winterhaven - A royal announcement  (Read 14508 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Winterhaven - A royal announcement
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:56:09 »
It’s just another Saturday morning in Winterhaven.

As usual at around 10 in the morning you hear the bell that signal the town crier is on his way to the village square. “Oyez! Oyez! Oyez!”

People quickly gather round, while Kialto the Town crier walks up to his usual place between the smithy and the Mug and Swords.

Citizens of Winterhaven I bring the tidings from Farmer Stubbs. You all heard he was robbed, while he and his daughter were on their way to our market last Wednesday evening. A runner was sent to their farm and returned this morning. Stubbs himself has been up and about but he has a mild concussion so his sons are doing most of the word around the farm. His daughter, Sinra, is in a worse condition and has been bed ridden since the accident.

We really need to stop these ruffians before more commodities get lots or more people hurt. We have heard rumors that a guarded caravan with special goods will leave Fallcrest this month. The plan is to enlist some of those guards to go out and deal with this threat. If this will not succeed, we will need to turn to our warrior guild to remedy the situation.

I also have brought you good news today. As many of you probably already have heard Jonas the Baker and his wife Chaira have grown our population with one this last week. Their daughter Megan is doing great and I have seen Chiara at work kneading dough again already.

My final announcement today is one directly from King delivered to me only minutes ago.
102 years ago, the catastrophe that resulted in the destruction of almost everything in these lands, resulted in a chaotic and scary environment for people to live in. But some saw the opportunity. King Damrick, our first king, was one of those people and founded Winterhaven on the ruins of an old castle. Next year this will be 100 years ago and because of this King Darnald has decided that it needs to be celebrated! So celebrate we will.

Saturday January the 15th we will have the first ever Winterhaven Jousting Tournament. Every knight is invited and feuds will be temporarily on hold. Following the jousting tournament there will be a big feast to which ALL inhabitants are invited. The day after will be for the remaining eight jousters  and there will be an exclusive ball in the castle in the evening.

In the coming months we will need to prepare for these festivities so I kindly ask you all dedicate extra time for this, so we can make this the biggest event ever taking place near these walls. A city representative might visit you shortly to request your aid. Please don’t let us down.

The prizes for the tournament will be AT LEAST three Magical Items from the royal treasury, but depending on the number of participants this might be increased. Two participants have already confirmed our own Knight of Winterhaven and Crown Prince Tobias.

With that Kialto is done and wanders back to the mayor’s office.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Winterhaven - A royal announcement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 02:57:28 »
I am actually planning to make this into one big photo story but for that I need your help so we can turn this into a community event.

So far I have reserved the Fleur de Lis coat of arms and the Tower one. I hope Damo wants to use the swan knight.
All other coat of arms are still available. Please post in this thread which knight you want to fight for you and customizing options and names can be done through PM.

I am also planning to have some form of betting with points (no real money obviously)

So I hope people are as excited about this as I am. When it comes to coat of arms it is first come first serve unless you of course are able to negotiate.

Lets make this into a great event!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:28:27 »
Swan knight indeed, please :yup:

Damo :)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 15:41:46 »
AWESOME idea Gis! ;D
I would love to be the Black Lion Knight jouster. (Please... :D ) :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 16:17:55 »
Gis this is superb!!! The 3315 knight will be my jousting knight.... (what a surprise!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 17:37:17 »
Great idea, Gis, an interactive photostory!   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 17:47:16 »
Great Idea Gis, let me know if you would like me to send you photos of the knight and what poses to use.

Black Lion Rampant
30 62 3032 - Flag, medium, square
30 62 3042 - Shield, medium
30 63 9670 - Horse coat, long, scalloped hem

for the general record - there are 25 jousting knights in release that I am aware of - these are the ones with full caparison (horse coat) and don't include ones with only barding.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 17:56:41 »
actually that was the one I used in my illustration for caparison - here is a set of images showing the caparison types, the first one would be my Champion for this event.

Scalloped caparison

Slashed caparison

Pleated caparison

barding with saddle - this one is sometimes used for jousting knights also

old style 2 piece barding

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 18:44:28 »
This is great work Tim!! The first horse coat is my favourite one! Trying to collect as amny as I can!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 19:10:51 »
Awesome!  Can't wait for the jousting tourny, a most excellent idea.   :wave: