Author Topic: In those days ...  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
In those days ...
« on: January 16, 2006, 19:49:22 »
Overwhelmed by a sentimental flash back in memories back to my childhood for playing with my medieval houses  (set off by Meg  ;D) I suddenly remembered that there are still two photos available from almost 30 years ago showing me with two of these houses. Finally, me and my brother had three of these houses: the blacksmith's shop, the backery, and the hotel; the later one was owned by my brother. Recently when I re-discovered my love to Playmobil he generously left it to me  ;D

Surprisingly none of the parts got lost over the years, apart from the backery's trough, which I could replace in the meantime by the re-introduced facsimile from the Pirate Treasure Chest, 5737 (although I'm sure that it is not lost and only hidden on my parents attic because my younger sister used this for different purposes). And the plans are also missing; maybe I thought, I do not need them anymore, because that often I (dis-)assembled the houses the plan must be burned into my memory forever. (Not knowing that there will be some day something like a DirectServide where spare parts can be ordered ... or collectors that a willing to pay a high price for them  :lol:)

The first one shows me on my birthday; must have been the seventh one. Looking at this face, well-known from former days, I think: yes, I was lucky that day  :D ;) ;D
The second one, which also shows my brother, is round about christmas (I assume in the same year). As you can see we have been very inventive, using other toys in conjunction with the Playmobil stuff, e.g. the train and the railway station (hardly seen on the left border of the picture) which fitted quite well to the scale of the klickies.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: In those days ...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 02:03:22 »
Great photos! Very nice to still have them after all these years. :)  So let's see a current photo of them then?

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 03:43:02 »
You have a very kind brother

You look like you were one happy boy to get the medival house for your birthday

They are great photos.

I will send you what medival plans I have

meg

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 09:05:13 »
Nice photos, Jo, and an interesting bit of history, both about you and PM.

You looked like your avatar even then! :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:29:37 »
So let's see a current photo of them then?

Good point :) Should actually do this by ocassion. (I planned a little scenery with the hotel and a customized piece ... but this lasts a little bit)

You looked like your avatar even then! :)

*hehe* yes, for sure (that's why I've chosen this one, also shown with my favourite shirt and jacket, and the usual in free time worn blue jeans), but nowadays I look a little bit older  ;D

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 20:38:48 »
Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 22:11:38 »
These are lovely photos and I'm sure they bring back many happy memories for you whenever you look at them! :D

And as Meg has already said... what a fantastic brother you have! ;D

I'm not at all surprised to hear that you looked after your toys well when you were a child and only lost one piece. ;) I only wish my own children would take such care with their Playmobil! Many of their sets are scattered all over the house at the moment, and I worry that some irreplaceable parts have already been lost. 8}
(I have no idea where they inherited this trait from, btw. :toot:)

Thanks for this small glimpse of your childhood days, Jochen. :)