General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

Any possibility of a rerelease of 3666?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Klickteryx:

--- Quote from: Rasputin on April 17, 2022, 14:39:20 ---With the amount of plastic this set demands and the direction oil prices are going I see a less chance currently

If the oil/gas was to flow then I’d be more optimistic

--- End quote ---
Didn't playmobil come into being as a result of the 1970's oil crisis?
What they could do in any case is focus on the figures and reduce the large background pieces which are mostly single use.

tahra:

--- Quote from: Klickteryx on April 18, 2022, 04:12:18 ---What they could do in any case is focus on the figures and reduce the large background pieces which are mostly single use.

--- End quote ---

Exactly...  There is no understanding them.  I am pretty sure most of us have some of the first steck parts about in our steck tubs, no?  Being compatible AND able to make use of MORE parts should be a must these days. Oh, wait, but then people might actually BUY more sets. The HORROR.  ::) ???

Oliver:

--- Quote from: tahra on April 18, 2022, 07:59:04 ---Exactly...  There is no understanding them.  I am pretty sure most of us have some of the first steck parts about in our steck tubs, no?  Being compatible AND able to make use of MORE parts should be a must these days. Oh, wait, but then people might actually BUY more sets. The HORROR.  ::) ???

--- End quote ---

If I'm understanding you correctly - that if all Playmobil building were compatible they would sell more - then I don't think this is true.

Playmobil isn't a building toy. As a child, I had more Playmobil than anyone I knew, I got Playmobil for every birthday and Christmas. What could I do in terms of varying buildings? Very little, because even Steck isn't really a very flexible building system. Yes, people on here can build amazing things, but in reality almost no child is going to have enough Playmobil to do that. You could, of course, devise it so that it was more flexible (and as an adult, that is the dream) but that's extremely unlikely to happen.

I do think it would be desirable if they took a more consistent approach to their buildings, and as an adult it is annoying. But  I don't honestly think any child is going to be put off buying a set because it's not compatible.

System-X is probably the closest they've come to trying to be a building toy, but I presume that the reason it's been partially phased out is that parents didn't like the length of time it took to assemble.

tahra:

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 18, 2022, 09:44:53 ---If I'm understanding you correctly - that if all Playmobil building were compatible they would sell more - then I don't think this is true.

--- End quote ---

Well.. we will agree to disagree.... What I mean is if things weren't stupidly made to NOT be used in ANY other way, they'd sell more. Take the ghostbusters less-than-half-building. Looks pretty, totally different from other buildings. But.. it's tiny and incomplete. Buy TWO! Wait, no... that doesn't solve anything. That is what I mean...

Like the stupid system WHY rocks - for example the HTTYD ones..

Also something that doesn't seem to worry them is that we DO need to put it away.... And these idiotic systems made to just build one thing, many times are not made to be disassembled... and they are huge.. then WHAT?  (I am guessing this should be an even bigger problem for "normal" kids?)

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 18, 2022, 09:44:53 ---Playmobil isn't a building toy.

--- End quote ---

Not the main focus, NO. BUT... first ever steck we had was the magician's workshop. It was my sister's... I played HOURS doing different stuff with those parts - and consider many are just ruins, so...

WHY wouldn't they want a system that CAN be extended? These lame new castles have strong limitations (a fact for which my wallet is VERY grateful - we have none)...

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 18, 2022, 09:44:53 ---What could I do in terms of varying buildings? Very little, because even Steck isn't really a very flexible building system.

--- End quote ---

True - steck is made for buildings, yes. But you can do an amazing range of stuff with it... A lot of limitations can be overcome creatively, but I admit it could use a load of parts. With 3D printing, the possibilities are endless (I avoid looking into those, at least until I find a bank to.... visit.  >:D )

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 18, 2022, 09:44:53 ---Yes, people on here can build amazing things, but in reality almost no child is going to have enough Playmobil to do that.

--- End quote ---

Of course not, especially if they are treated like idiots... "oh, no, that'd be soooo complicated to build... better a hunk of plastic, and lets make sure they know who is who!"

The american boxes of old had explanations on how to play. It was shocking. These days, it's spreading :(

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 18, 2022, 09:44:53 ---But  I don't honestly think any child is going to be put off buying a set because it's not compatible.

--- End quote ---

You are probably right. However, the adult in charge of the wallet might. Why get ANOTHER building/whetever, if it's another huge thing and you can't even use them together?

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 18, 2022, 09:44:53 ---System-X is probably the closest they've come to trying to be a building toy, but I presume that the reason it's been partially phased out is that parents didn't like the length of time it took to assemble.

--- End quote ---

Yes, imagine that... spending time with their brats!  We keep getting things made for the lowest common denominator (is that the name in english?) :(

I don't have enough experience with system X. If I live long enough, one day I will fix that.

Rasputin:

--- Quote from: Klickteryx on April 18, 2022, 04:12:18 ---Didn't playmobil come into being as a result of the 1970's oil crisis?
What they could do in any case is focus on the figures and reduce the large background pieces which are mostly single use.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps Geobra could once again go the historical route , start a micro toy line of playmobil mini’s .  Then collectors storage problems would be solved as the klickies would be 1/2 an inch (1.25cm) tall 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version