General > Report & Review

Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation

<< < (7/12) > >>

Macruran:
And now, it's the one and only Aphrodite! Goddess of lurve! In her Roman aspect as Venus, she is notable as the only pagan divinity to have appeared in an eighties hit single by Bananarama! (It was a cover, but that's another story.)

She's resplendent in a shiny purple dress which matches her eyes, and some sort of armband! Also note that this woman is totally barefoot!

The dress has some sort of striations on it but they look like manufacturing artefacts and not an intended pattern

Fancy hair ornament visible from behind.

Interestingly the neckpiece is not split at the back, and is thus impossible to remove without cutting, or popping.

Overall I must say that although I do not favor unbendable klickies or schminki-pinki faces with detailed eyes, this is one character they actually work well on! So I am going to give her a thumbs up.

Her accessories are a basic kit that you or I might bring along for a night of romance:

Okay! Although I give her overall approval, there is one feature of this klicky that seems like a mistake! She has EXACTLY THE SAME HAIRSTYLE as Demeter!

This is OUTRAGEOUS. The queen of looking hot would NEVER be caught DEAD in the same ANYTHING as another goddess - especially one so, ahem, DOMESTIC as DEMETER! I mean, she bakes BREAD!

So this is a terrible oversight by PM, one which I will be fixing. I see Affy in longer hair, and slightly darker blonde - I am open to suggestions for an appropriate hairstyle!

So that's it, a fine figure overall, marred slightly by the curse of MATCHY-MATCHY

Ismene:
I've never envisioned Aphrodite dressed so modestly. I'm not expecting a nude klicky, but Hera is showing more cleavage.

I agree about the hair. Demeter is my favorite of the series (that red dress!), but Aphrodite can't show up a year later with the exact same hair.

GrahamB:

--- Quote from: Macruran on February 27, 2022, 06:18:14 ---...In her Roman aspect as Venus, she is notable as the only pagan divinity to have appeared in an eighties hit single by Bananarama!

--- End quote ---

Strangely, I haven't heard Bananarama lyrics quoted as a source for research into ancient deities before!  8}

Eplay:
Not the same hairdo  :o
Perhaps long wavy blond hair?? As in the famous painting?

Macruran:

--- Quote from: Ismene on February 27, 2022, 07:03:44 ---I've never envisioned Aphrodite dressed so modestly. I'm not expecting a nude klicky, but Hera is showing more cleavage.

--- End quote ---

Interesting point. Perhaps the Greeks had different ideas about what was more provocative dress? I mean they did gymnastics in their birthday suits, maybe showing more skin wasn't such a big deal to them. Maybe the bare feet + dress look set them off! :D

--- Quote from: GrahamB on February 27, 2022, 10:06:21 ---Strangely, I haven't heard Bananarama lyrics quoted as a source for research into ancient deities before!  8}

--- End quote ---

This is exactly the sort of exclusive content you can expect here on Playmofriends!  :rudy:

--- Quote from: Eplay on February 28, 2022, 05:37:07 ---Not the same hairdo  :o
Perhaps long wavy blond hair?? As in the famous painting?

--- End quote ---

Good idea, a "hair down" look seems much more suitable for her, as it says "party time", whereas the "hair up" look that the other goddesses are rocking says "business".

Here's a hairpiece I grabbed off of a Grace (about which more later), I'm not entirely satisfied with it as the sort of pony tail in the back looks too modern to me, but it is defintely an improvement on "the Demeter" and will do for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version