Author Topic: Shadows and Kings.  (Read 11799 times)

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
Re: Shadows and Kings.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 09:52:58 »
Great story with wonderful figures!!!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 12:55:00 »
((thanks everyone, I toyed around quite a bit putting the little group of veterans together.))

Following Henry's advice, Roderick and Frederick go to lady Beatrice. She knows a lot about alchemy and all manner of plants.

Beatrice: "Ah I was already expecting you two, should I wait for Henry?"
Roderick: "Henry stays here to guard the castle, it's just the two of us going after the Krinflower."
Beatrice: "Very well.. what you need to know about the Krinflower is that it looks a lot like a white lily. But unlike the lily, the Krinflower has no scent. And also can't be used to cure this poison."
Frederick: "We better be on our way then, the faster we return with it the better."
Beatrice smiles: "Yes, the sooner I can create the cure for Cedric. I will go work on the preperations right away. Take care Frederick. You too Roderick. "

Wasting no more time, they get on their horses and quickly gallop towards Pepperwood forest.

While Roderick and Frederick are away, Henry goes to check on Cedric. Elena is also there, rarely leaving her brother's side.

Henry: "It won't be long anymore brother.. Roderick and Frederick are on their way to get the plant that will cure you."
Cedric speaks weakly, barely able to keep his eyes open but he manages to smile slightly: "That's good Henry.. that's good.."
He is not able to say much more, feeling too weak to really talk much at all.

Henry nods to his brother before turning around, not wanting his big brother to see the tears in his eyes.
Elena is quick to comfort Henry while a squire helps Cedric to eat and drink.

Elena puts a hand on Henry's shoulder. "Don't worry Henry.. as you said it will soon be over."
Henry: "It's terrible to see him like this.. and what if that assasin lied and it is not the cure?"
Elena: "Remember what King Phillip said.. he told the assasin that he would be drinking the cure before Cedric would. You should really follow through with this."
Henry: "Perhaps we should add a bit of the poison taken from the arrow to the assasin's cup as well."
Elena: "Henry! you can't just poison your prisoners!"
Henry: "If what he said is true and the cure works, he would not be poisoned."
Elena: "hm.. what if we just tell him we added the poison to his cup? If it won't work he is not going to drink it willingly."
Henry: "That might be a better solution yes.."

In the meanwhile, a much lighter conversation is going on outside.

Herbert: "We can have the wedding within a week, there will be a grand feast!"
Lady Blacktower: "I am sure she will be thrilled to hear the great news! Marrying someone of the prestigious Blacktower family is the most wonderfull thing!"
Baron Blacktower smiles to his wife. "We have been happily married for nine years, our parents managed to match us up perfectly!"
Pierre: "And you two are such an elegant and lovely couple my lord and my lady! Noble and gracefull, and kind to everyone who washed their hands."
Baron Blacktower: "I wish you two much luck and happiness together Herbert. Hard to believe my little brother is going to get married!"

During the conversation, Henry and Elena walk out of the door.
Herbert: "Ah there is the lucky lady! she is even more beautifull than I thought she would be!"

Elena blinks and looks confused at Herbert, who she has never seen before in her life and then looks at the other Blacktowers and Pierre, who are all smiling and looking expectingly at Elena, who seems to be caught completely by surprise. "Erhm thank you for the compliment sir, but why am I lucky?"
Baron Blacktower: "My brother, Sir Herbert Blacktower, has agreed to marry you! You will get to be a Blacktower, is that not wonderfull?"

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 13:50:13 »
Elena frowns and seems completely surprised by this turn of events. "Wait, what?"
Lady Blacktower smiles. "Aw, she is left speechless. That is so cute."

Herbert gently takes Elena's hand and smiles at her, while Henry gives a disapproving look at the Blacktowers he remains silent for now and seems mostly curious about how her sister will respond.
Herbert: "My brother and sister in law told me all about you in their letters. You sound like a wonderfull bride. While your family is not wealthy, your brother is the mighty Cedric! A very chivalrous and noble knight who is admired by all. Our marriage will improve the prestige of us both, and for our children as well!"
Elena: "Ch.. children?"
Herbert: "Oh yes, I want a large family! maybe five or six little Blacktowers! Anyway, my brother the Baron can arrange the marriage within a week! aren't you exited?"
Elena frowns. "When where you planning to even ask me if I want to marry you?"
Herbert smiles. "Oh, you are such a romantic! very well I will ask you to make it official... Will you, Lady Elena the Swan, marry me, Sir Herbert Blacktower?"
Elena is about to respond when suddenly uncontrolled crying can be heard behind Herbert. It is Pierre who seems to cry tears of joy when witnessing this marriage proposal.

Elena pulls her hand loose from Herbert and waves her hands up in the air, clearly very upset about this marriage getting forced on her.

Elena: "Are you mad?! Of course I won't marry you! I never met you before in my life yet you are making very big decisions for me! And I am perfectly fine being a Swan! I don't want to be a Blacktower!"

All the blacktowers are completely surprised by this, Henry seems to have expected this all along though and smiles.
Herbert looks at Elena in shock: "Wha.. what are you saying? why would you NOT want to marry me? I am quite a catch! I am wealthy, a great adventurer, and VERY handsome! surely you are just kidding." He smiles again before continueing. "I already planned the menu for our wedding, and you will wear a beautifull green dress!"

"AArgh! just get it through to your big head! I don't want to marry you! not now, not ever! go away!" Elena grows increasingly frustrated and pushes the arrogant Herbert down the stairs, much to the dismay of the other Blacktowers and Pierre who are panicking!

Baron Blacktower: "You can't just push my brother down the stairs! thats very unlady like behaviour young lady!"
Lady Blacktower: "You are ruining everything!! I was going to wear my newest dress to that wedding!"
Elena: "You two have no right to decide my future for me! I came here to get away from my mother who kept trying to marry me off to clowns like that!"
Baron Blacktower: "Us Blacktowers are not clowns! aside from a distant cousin who we distanced ourselves from, but my brother is a great man!"
Henry just sighs and moves off the stairs to help Herbert back to his feet. "Good thing my sister has common sense."

Henry helps Lambert back to his feet, it seems mostly his pride is hurt from the fall.

Henry: "You just had to mention putting her in a green dress, did you? she does not like that color."
Herbert: "This is an outrage! you should have stopped her from doing such nasty things! you are her brother after all!"
Henry: "She gets to pick who she wants to marry, and you never even told me or Cedric about your plans either."

Herbert: "I should just return home now with my troops! I have never been so embarassed in my life!"
Henry: "You swore an oath of allegiance to King Phillip, like all the other Blacktowers. You WILL stay here at least untill the king returns to explain to him in person that you would betray your oath because my sister refuses to marry you."
Herbert mutters. "Fine, I will stay.. but I don't like it one bit."

((will be continued soon. :) ))

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 13:55:51 by Rhalius »

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 14:43:44 »
Well done, Elena.. you're centuries ahead of your time, I suppose. Great story, Rhalius. I'm glad to see it continues. New story lines... very interesting, can't wait to see what's coming up!
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 15:27:13 »
Love the shot were Herbert is thrown of the stairs, must have taken a couple of times for you got the result.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 15:33:15 »
It is said that a stunt double has been used for that scene... ;)
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 16:59:39 »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 17:12:34 »

I sure hope so! No klicky deserves to be injured! :lol:

Great story, very interesting to see some familial drama! Can't wait for the next installment! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 18:34:37 »
Thanks, I had to hold Herbert up by the feather of his hat when doing that shot hence why its a little less clear than the other pictures. Elena is indeed a bit ahead of her times, and also has the same bad temper as her brother Henry. While its medieval times I do want to provide some nice roles for women as well.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 21:15:39 »
Great continuation of the story a good shot of Roderick and Frederick riding off and of course the great scene with Elena refusing to marry very funny, good for her standing up for her rights, I certainly wasn't expecting that marriage proposal   

:lol:  either that or one of those well hidden padded mats perhaps?   ;)