Author Topic: 4398 - Western Take Along (2011)  (Read 17618 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: 4398 - Western Take Along (2011)
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 04:56:19 »
i think i changed my my mind about this set .. i like it!!!!!  THANKS FOR THE REVIEW GIS   :)

A pity thought you didn't get the "glass" for the windows...

what do you mean ? the windows have glass?  ??? ???

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 04:58:01 »
worse that that. Bad quality, missing parts, extra parts from another sets...crazy!  8}

yes antex sets are the worst quality... and they are expensive also!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( how much did you pay for that?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 07:14:03 »
Well im sorry.  :(
I thought the actual building would be ok, but the parts don't fit, there are missing parts and extra parts as I said. The best thing are the stickers. They are just perfect.
With a little work you could work something out, painting a triming some parts, but all in all it is a huge dissapointment.  :(

As you know we are all always happy to drag other with us into our holes. I am however sorry that the hole I was residing in was not available to you Gaston and made you jump in a hole that is in no way shape or form comparable to mine.

There is still some room in my hole but I guess you'll have to wait a while before you're able to join me. Hope to see you here soon :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 08:08:53 »
Excellent review and photos of an interesting set, Gis.  Many thanks. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:26 »
As you know we are all always happy to drag other with us into our holes. I am however sorry that the hole I was residing in was not available to you Gaston and made you jump in a hole that is in no way shape or form comparable to mine.

There is still some room in my hole but I guess you'll have to wait a while before you're able to join me. Hope to see you here soon :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
don't worry, I broke my leg jumping in that hole but I will heal! Thanx anyway  :love: though they are not great they are good for customizing. my antex shipping boat ended up being pretty beautiful, so I'll do something with these too.

Alex they are not expensive here. I guess they are only expensive on ebay because they are being sold as rarities or becuase shipping form here is expensive...that's my guess.
Remember one Special here is 10/12 dollars. And this 2 buildings were 80 dollars. Pretty cheap.

sorry to hijack you r thread gis...I will say no more!  0)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:56 »
what do you mean ? the windows have glass?  ??? ???

Yep. Not real glass, of course, but fake glass at the windows to keep things from falling out, since it's a take-along.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 12:50:21 »
Great review Gis :clap:
I'm undecided as to whether I want the buildings, but I do like the klickies - especially the banker, and the furniture would be useful.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 14:00:57 »
sorry to hijack you r thread gis...I will say no more!  0)

No worries, sometimes conversations just go left right and center...as long as they end up center again it's great :-)

I'm undecided as to whether I want the buildings, but I do like the klickies - especially the banker, and the furniture would be useful.

Elaine are you not doing a Western theme for your dios this summer? I really think that these will look great in any western town, it's two houses in one. Soorry for being so enthuiastic but this really is an awesome set if you are planning to build a western town :-)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 15:30:24 »
i love the safe! i hadn't seen it so closely, it's really cool

thanks for the review, Gis
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 21:19:01 »
Hi, can I see some pictures on how the roof parts are connect to the building? Is it system X?