Author Topic: .....make things " playmobil-like" or Playmobil suitable  (Read 8886 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: .....make things " playmobil-like" or Playmobil suitable
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 22:08:33 »
Yeah, that's what first came to my mind -- clear straps. But I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it means.  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 23:02:40 »
Those lamps are a beautiful and very realistic re-creation of the lamps of the time - wonderful and very creative work.  Thanks for sharing.

You mention 1:12 scale, but Playmobil is nearer 1:24 scale, which doesn't help at all as this scale is rarer still in the world of doll houses.

Invisible bra straps!   Hmmm!  When we were last on holiday in Malta (that's 2009) the fashion was for transparent shoulder straps on bras, although they were surprisingly noticeable!     8}

Thank you Gordon!
Is it 1/24?? I thought it was 1/12, doll house stuff works so well IMO. I mean... from what I see at Karim's.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 08:43:56 »
Thank you Gordon!
Is it 1/24?? I thought it was 1/12, doll house stuff works so well IMO. I mean... from what I see at Karim's.

A klicky is roughly 7.5cm tall which works out at 1.8m at 1:24 or 1.7m at 1:22.5, which are the two nearest scales to Playmobil.  Of course, the scale is mainly height related.  You are quite right to say that many 1:12 doll house accessories work well with Playmobil, but the doll houses themselves are much too big.  I find that 1:24 items are often too small (or at least seem so) but 1:16, especially doors and windows in custom built buildings are OK.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 16:04:53 »
A klicky is roughly 7.5cm tall which works out at 1.8m at 1:24 or 1.7m at 1:22.5, which are the two nearest scales to Playmobil.  Of course, the scale is mainly height related.  You are quite right to say that many 1:12 doll house accessories work well with Playmobil, but the doll houses themselves are much too big.  I find that 1:24 items are often too small (or at least seem so) but 1:16, especially doors and windows in custom built buildings are OK.
That is great information, Gordon.  Thank you so much.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 00:16:39 »
Hey y'all!
I'm bringing this thread back because after 5 years the white paint in the wooden spheres got yellowed so I updated the lamposts.
Here is the new version, and some pics for scale.
The spheres are now clear acrilic. Love them.
Cheers!

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 02:10:54 »
It looks superb and quite in scale.

I have been trying to find time to review the re-released lamp post which I think is oversize.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 09:10:59 »
I remember this thread from back in '11; those lamps are amazing, Gaston and even better with the clear spheres!
They certainly match the 'real' PM street lamp in height, though playmofire may be right that they are oversize.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 12:16:54 »
I think the custom ones are closer to scale because in real life, the fancy 3-bulb lampposts are bigger than the lampposts in the style PM made. The PM ones seem kind of fat.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 12:55:47 »
Very very nice  :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 16:50:51 »

They certainly match the 'real' PM street lamp in height, though playmofire may be right that they are oversize.

It's the real PM lamppost which I think is too tall.  Gaston's lamps look spot-on and would look superb on a promenade.