Author Topic: New in Town- Terre Haute, Indiana, USA  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: New in Town- Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 13:57:11 »
I know this thread has been abandoned, but I have enjoyed reading other people's stories about how they got bitten by the PM bug, so I thought I'd share a little more about ours.

My husband, Aaron, grew up relatively poor, but had neighbors who had one of the original steck knights castles and that was his favorite toy to play with. It meant a lot to him. So, when he found out that I was pregnant with a son he immediately went out and started buying some of the knights for when he got older. He would buy things every now and again to stockpile them and I used to tell him it was a "waste of money" since we had no way of knowing our son would even like them (was I crazy or what?  8}). Then Valentine's Day hit two years ago and he was looking at steck caste on ebay with a lot of great pieces. I decided to get it for him since I saw how badly he wanted it.  I fell in love with it as well as a little more with my husband. The world of Playmobil opened up to me  :love: We absolutely went crazy, drained our savings, bought everything we could think of for our village and castle. Over the span of a month we had 10 or so huge shipments of PM coming and by the time it all arrived I panicked. What did we do? Think of all the space it will take up! What if we get tired of it? Needless to say, that didn't happen. Our collection keeps growing and for our anniversary this year we bought a huge table to display and store our Playmobil. We've continued to stockpile things for our son, so he will have a castle of his own. When he is 4 1/2 he will have the best Christmas ever!

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 14:05:17 »
Here is a picture of all our klickies. Most of them have names, families and jobs. Another picture of our village and display table we have set up in our bedroom as well as our castle.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 15:48:11 »
Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 15:54:45 »
Great collection indeed :-)

I love how the Cavern entrance (from the chicken dragon) is on the lower table, implying it's a dungeon :-)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 16:55:06 »
welcome from greece athens  :wave: :wave:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 00:57:00 »
i like your medieval town a lot ! thanx for sharing your playmobil history  :wave: