Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 223236 times)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2650 on: August 08, 2023, 13:55:37 »
Looking forward to seeing the pictures

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2651 on: August 17, 2023, 09:28:08 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2652 on: August 17, 2023, 09:32:43 »
Good morning dear Playmofriends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

With much delay, I am utterly delighted to finally post my first picture of the set of New Regent St this year with Miss Charlotte'a fashion boutique decorated and photographed yesterday afternoon  :love:

See you soon for new adventures  :)

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2653 on: September 27, 2023, 09:00:22 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well and that September's back to work / school went well.

I must admit that unlike last year when I posted my little stories all the way from summer to Christmas, I have been so busy at the hotel all Spring / Summer that I was only able to resume taking pictures of the set of New Regent St from late August onwards.

Needless to tell you how happy I am to be back and resume my little Victorian tales like a welcomed pause in a rather crazy & harsh world  :cloud9:

And since I started taking pictures from late August, my little Victorians are still enjoying a late summer before autumn kicks in...

Je vous invite donc a decouvrir mes petites scenettes qui commenceront par les debuts de la patisserie de Madame Applepie a la facon d'un conte pour enfant

So this is with great pleasure that I invite you to discover my first little scenes in one year starting with the beginnings of Mrs Applepie's Patisserie told very much like a children tale  :love:

The Little Milk Boy and the Cottage of Mrs Applepie

The summer was coming to an end and the sun was rising in New Regent St 🌞

Young Peter, the little Milk Boy was always the first to start his early morning delivery of fresh delicious milk and as he approached Mrs Applepie's little cottage, he noticed that the lights were already on...

Peter was accompanied by his loyal little bird Chippy and was greeted by Mr Hedgehog 🐦🦔

The little cottage was filled with colourful flowers and Peter always remembered to bring a treat for Mr Hedgehog and Mr Rabbit 🦔🐇

After dropping his pint of fresh milk by the little cottage's door, Peter made the day of Mr Hedgehog with a juicy red apple and Mr Rabbit with a crunchy carrot 🦔🍎🐇🥕

But he did notice that the little cottage's door was opening as he was walking away...

The little cottage's door opened and a cheeky ginger cat appeared. "Mr Rupert" said Peter "what a pleasure to see you on such a lovely morning"! Rupert the Cat loved Peter but loved his delicious fresh milk even more 🐱🥛❤️

Karim :gent:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2654 on: September 28, 2023, 12:00:20 »
Rupert the Cat was enjoying his fresh milk, Mr Hedgehog his apple and Mr Rabbit his carrots and all was well 🐱🥛🦔🍎🐇🥕

Through the opened door, Peter could not but notice the most delicious smell coming from the little kitchen, very much like a freshly baked pie straight out of the oven😊🥧

"The delicious smell coming from the kitchen could only mean one thing" thought Peter "Mrs Applepie"! And there she was standing proud and cheerful holding her iconic wooden spoon and little apron !

"A very good morning to you my dear Peter 😊" said Mrs Applepie who was holding a delicious pie straight out of the oven. Would you like a slice of my very own recipe made with Bramley Apples, Jersey Cream Butter and Salted Caramel🍎🥧

Mrs Applepie was joined by Bridget & Alelaide her loyal Cooks and Peter by the Victorian Street Children 😊

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2655 on: September 29, 2023, 07:18:51 »
With just a few days until the opening of her little Patisserie, Mrs Applepie was about to bake a feast of pies, cakes and tarts🥧🍰🧁

Mrs Applepie's cooking & baking extravaganza was about to start and she would need plenty of delicious freshly picked fruits & vegetables🍓🍏🍒🍇

So Bridget accompanied by Peter, Rupert the Cat & the Victorian Street Children happily stepped into the little cottage's enchanted garden where the garden gnomes did not look very busy at all 🍄

Soon Bridget & the Children harvested a bounty of fresh fruits & vegetables.

Crunchy apples, sweet cherries and juicy strawberries would all make the most delicious tarts, pies & cakes with the magic wooden spoon of Mrs Applepie 😊

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2656 on: September 30, 2023, 10:18:36 »
Time had come for Peter the little Milk Boy to resume his morning delivery but not before Mrs Applepie gave him a tin of freshly baked cookies and a jar of delicious apricot jam for his journey.

Peter would dream of all the delicious cakes, tarts & pies Mrs Applepie, Bridget, Adelaide & the children would be baking today for the opening of the Patisserie.

With such a busy day ahead of them, Bridget, Adelaide & the children prepared delicious sandwiches for lunchtime with freshly baked bread, yummy ham & salami, crunchy salad and ripe tomatoes.

The baking extravaganza could begin  :love:

Mrs Applepie started her baking extravaganza with her delicious Strawberry Cake made with juicy strawberries from the garden, Peter's delicious butter cream and a light & fluffy Victoria sponge.

Mrs Applepie's baking extravaganza continued with her very own extra yummy triple chocolate chip cookies recipe.

Needless to say that the children loved making these cookies and enjoyed even more eating them  :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2657 on: October 01, 2023, 07:10:49 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

For those who love behind the scenes pictures here is a 2019 partial aerial view of the set of New Regent St.

You will see Mrs Applepie's little cottage on the right hand side and the grand department store  on the left handside.

All the buildings are from the Sylvanian Families Town Collection, Playmo compatible with an architecture very reminiscent of the 1900's.

I have replaced the middle buidling with Mrs Applepie's little Patisserie.

I will take an updated picture of the present set in the weeks to come  :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2658 on: October 01, 2023, 08:52:30 »
With the remaining strawberries handpicked in the garden this morning and Peter's fresh milk, Adelaide & the children made a delicious strawberry ice cream. What Mrs Applepie did not know was that the children added extra wild strawberries for flavour.

With the last ripe & juicy cherries of the season,  Mrs Applepie & the children made a delicious cherry pie.The pie crust was buttery and golden and filled with the sweetest cherries.

With the last ripe peaches of summer and the first juicy grapes of autumn, Mrs Applepie made a delicious fruits tart.

Making chocolates with Mrs Applepie was so much fun ! And needless to tell you that the Victorian children ate many chocolates on that day  :lol:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2659 on: October 01, 2023, 09:17:32 »
Making & decorating cupcakes with Miss Bridget was so much fun and eating them was even better  :lol:

After such a fun day baking and making all kinds of delicious treats at her little Cottage with the children, Mrs Applepie was finally ready for the opening of her little Patisserie  :cloud9: