Author Topic: What Would You Like To See  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
What Would You Like To See
« on: December 05, 2008, 17:00:03 »
Hello Everyone,

I often sit here wondering what i could possibly offer in the way of 'How To' but fail miserably to come up with anything usefull. I often come up with great ideas but wether its what you want is another thing. Inspired by a recent thread where Timotheos asked me about the tools i use i have decided to 'offer' it out to you. Its a chance for you to decide what you would like to see (if anything :lol:) and for me to work out if its possible to put it into words and pictures ;D. So apart from painting :lol: what would you like to know ? Is there anything that you would like to see ? Would you be interested in an article on the tools i use ? What about effective cutting and sanding techniques ? What about a general guide on 'Getting Into Customising' ?
Once you have decided what you want and if there is reasonable interest in certain topics this thread 'could' be deleted or locked to tidy the forum. Then i can get to work on creating a separate 'How To' thread/threads with the details you asked for ? 

Its over to you, let me know what you think. If its something i can do i will try my best to help.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:14:00 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What Do 'YOU' Want
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 17:15:50 »
Hi Tim  :wave:!
That is a great idea, but my problem is I wouldn't know where to begin to ask specific questions regarding your craft expertise! Depending on what others think would help them, you may want to show a project in a photo story going through the step by step process  :)9. I am amazed at your creations, & ideas, but to ask you something about your process I wouldn't know where to begin, & may skip a very important prior question  :-[!
Best regards,
Bill
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 17:16:27 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: What Do 'YOU' Want
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 17:37:30 »
Hello Bill,

That could well be a topic in itself 'Where To Begin'. I guess i could tie that in with a general 'Getting Into Customising' thread. I wouldn't worry about missing questions out, they come to you as you go along and i can fill in any gaps :). Just fire away if you have anything you would like to know. My sole intention is to show people how easy customising can be and to encourage new people to take it up :)9.

Tim :)
PS: I really like your new avatar :)

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: What Would You Like To See
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 16:11:28 »
Hello Everyone,

Well that was a great idea :lol: I think i have had all the replies i need for this one ;D If there is anything i can help you with Bill please don't hesitate to contact me by PM :)9.

Tim :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 16:17:48 »
Hello Tim,

I think the best approach would be looking at basic techniques which can be used whether customising fire engines or pirate ships to gvie two examples.  Knowing my own poor ability with cutting (I always try to see that with anything I cut the cut end will be hidden) measuring, cutting and finishing off (sanding) would be a good starter thread or threads.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 22:02:38 »
Hello Gordon :),

Thank you for the suggestions :)9. I guess this would be one of the most usefull aspects to cover. As you said yourself the application can be applied to many different themes. I will see what i can come up with for you Gordon allthough i doubt i will be posting anything constructive here.

Tim :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 10:52:25 »
Hello Tim  gladly I would see which components of playmobil use you to make tools for the (brandweer) fire brigade

Groet Peter
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time