Author Topic: Horses of Waterfall  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Horses of Waterfall
« on: October 12, 2023, 14:47:12 »
I was playing around on the website, and spotted Horses of Waterfall - which despite the packaging isn't a TV tie in. While it's not desperately exciting (another range of horses) but there were a few parts that I thought might interest people.

- the western sash window in a new, greenish colour
- a return of the chair from the Victorian Wedding 5339 (if you need the spare part  :lol:)
- 71537 the farrier comes with a horse shoe attached to the tool - I don't think we've ever seen this, but it would  be useful for western or victorian set ups.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Horses of Waterfall
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 04:31:16 »
I saw the advent calendar, and I thought it was related to Spirit because of the skinny klicky. The other sets aren't on the US site yet.

Offline Nightlioness

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • ~Owner of Nathimus~
    • My Instagram Page
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 11:11:58 »
I was playing around on the website, and spotted Horses of Waterfall - which despite the packaging isn't a TV tie in. While it's not desperately exciting (another range of horses) but there were a few parts that I thought might interest people.

- the western sash window in a new, greenish colour
- a return of the chair from the Victorian Wedding 5339 (if you need the spare part  :lol:)
- 71537 the farrier comes with a horse shoe attached to the tool - I don't think we've ever seen this, but it would  be useful for western or victorian set ups.

Nice observations!
The horse shoe is something that could be used as a lucky charm as well.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 18:02:23 »
Like so much of what Playmobil have done in recent years, the very name Horses of Waterfall is meaningless.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 00:17:57 »
The instructions for all of the sets in the series are online if anyone wants to try for parts. It's pretty clearly Playmobils own take on the Spirit concept. A number of the klickies and horses are paired and have names. The series is also the third one to use the recycled plastic. Overall it's not bad as a horse series, but I dislike the horses with the long hair. Those are intended to increase play value with brushing and so on. They also have mouths that open. That part doesn't seem nearly as well done as the Newfounland dog was. Because of the plastics used the colors will be unique, plus they have some nice paint jobs on some of the horses, so I will be getting them all for Animobil in the end. Happily most of the sets this year are smaller.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 07:30:44 »
I actually thought it was a Spirit series - like "The Nine Realms" is for HTTYD...   :-[

A shame they insist with those stupid bodies... now that is someone that should be cut (a la Homer Simpson)