Author Topic: 5596+5597 Figures 8  (Read 16995 times)

Online Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: 5596+5597 Figures 8
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 01:16:34 »
I've popped a few klickies, sweating each time, and I've noticed that the internal neck always suffers a little damage, and the "skeleton" sometimes does too.  So it's not something I'd do frequently to one klicky, and I'm reluctant to do it at all with out a compelling reason.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 07:03:00 »
99.99% of the time there is no real damage... I don't usually pop any more than once, anyways.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2015, 12:11:45 »
Finally got the gladiator girl and the Lion knight.  ;D

Someone sold them on Marktplaats, 3 euros each but thats how much they seem to cost in stores too. And the seller sold many parts for 0,25 each so I'm quite happy to get a few extra gladiuses, a black roman cape, a standard soldier's chestplate, a black swordbelt and a red pirate headwrap that seems perfect for medieval too.

Might give the lion knight the sword belt, not sure yet. The gladiator will definatly get a gladius, and it allows me to give any gladiator that used a longer sword to now use a gladius instead since I find it more fitting. And cant ever have enough roman capes, roman cape is best cape.  ;)

By the way, I get the idea that the female gladiator may not be intended to be a gladiator at all, but is meant to be an amazon? They just went the easy way with using the roman helmet instead of making a new greek one. Still doesnt excuse the hideous shield, but somehow it makes sense.
I'll definatly still use her as a gladiator though!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2015, 12:20:01 »
And cant ever have enough roman capes, roman cape is best cape.  ;)

Yes, it is!

By the way, I get the idea that the female gladiator may not be intended to be a gladiator at all, but is meant to be an amazon? They just went the easy way with using the roman helmet instead of making a new greek one. Still doesnt excuse the hideous shield, but somehow it makes sense.
I'll definatly still use her as a gladiator though!

I think as-is, the klicky is a mess - as a gladiator, and worse as an amazon. But a LOT of potential.

But like I said, I changed my mind about that stupid shield. It is PERFECT  ;D ;D

Online Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2015, 16:05:02 »
And cant ever have enough roman capes, roman cape is best cape.  ;)

If only they came in white.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2015, 16:16:34 »
I think they only have them in black, dark brown, red, blue and dark blue.
And way too often they gave roman clickies a non roman cape.  >:(

Online Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 16:31:29 »
I think they only have them in black, dark brown, red, blue and dark blue.
And way too often they gave roman clickies a non roman cape.  >:(

I haven't seen the brown - can you confirm the set? And the dark blue I'd call purple, the one from 4273 Commander's Tent.

Agree on the second. I'm changing out my centurions with proper red Roman capes.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2015, 16:41:22 »
Dark brown comes with Albrecht Drurer. He's the only non roman clicky to get the roman cape. (and hopefully not the last)

Online Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2015, 16:45:43 »
Whoa! I have one of those MIB but obviously hadn't looked at it very closely. Thanks!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 19:01:20 »
Just wanted to post here that I finally have the Series 8 figures up on Animobil, with lots of photos of each including the exploded views.
They are HERE

Overall it was a great series. I really like most of the boys and a fair number of the girls. Most disappointing was the Bunny Lady who is just a rerelease of an older figure. I wish they had at least switched out some of the colors on her. The extra dark basket is kind of nice but otherwise she was blah, and I really like the bunnies. My favorites in Boys are the Fisherman and the Robogangman, and in the girls the Lady and Jasmine. Love the dog and the butterfly as well of course.
Did you notice for once there was no obvious Princess this series? A nice change.