Author Topic: Kingdoms Map: How it all began!  (Read 42823 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Kingdoms Map: How it all began!
« on: January 27, 2011, 02:11:27 »
Heya Everyone! :wave:
So this came up a little while ago,
Some of us Medieval collectors were discussing where our kingdoms were on a world map.
So I made a map of Europe...
(Thinking back now I think I should have added Asia and more of the Middle East,
But we'll see how things go...)

I have marked out my territoy (Kingdom of Rutileo) with the Deep Red color.
Giorginetto claimed some of Germany, and I think Gis called the Netherlands.
Grangle, you wanted parts of France right? ???

I don't know about anyone else.
So all you Medieval collectors out there, come claim your stakes of land. ;D
Tell me where you want your kingdom and we will keep working on it until the map is covered.
(Or mostly covered...) :)

(Giorginetto and Gis your territories are fuzzy
because that is only where I think you wanted them.
Easier to erase this way... ;) )
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Kingdoms Map: How it all began!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:56:45 »
Great Map WoT and great initiative!

However the red parts are the southern part of Norway and the Northern part of the Netherlands. The blurry blue area is mainly Belgium and the Northern part of France. But no matter it will work for me.

I'll let loose some photo shop on the map!! And post it again.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:21:44 »
So I gave coloured my bit blue. It is not one Kingdom but the an area that I want to control the stories over *grin*. The whole are is called Nizzome. There are several places known places there. I also attached a closeup.

In the closeup we see the southern part which is a different shade of Blue this is the Kingdom of Belathre. Clearly the biggest Kingdom in the land as the rest are more city states. The light blue spot in the middle is the barony of Fallcrest and the Dark Blue in the east is Winterhaven.

This is exciting WoT!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:05:33 »
My Kingdom ,can it be in England  and part of Normandy In France ( border line with grangel with who I am at war ) ?????  , being born and lived there for most of my life..... if not .. Germany if fine somewhere where there are dense forrests and high mountains....  England is more applicabel though as I have lots of viking and invasion by them in my upcoming set up...  :)

Please note that I cnat see the map in my work PC so i will have a good look at it tonite !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 12:06:34 »
Subject to any competing claims I would like to makea claim for Yorkshire in England.  We have a rich heritage of medieval history with castles, cathedrals and battles.

Playmofirth

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 15:01:11 »
My Kingdom ,can it be in England  and part of Normandy In France ( border line with grangel with who I am at war ) ?????  , being born and lived there for most of my life..... if not .. Germany if fine somewhere where there are dense forrests and high mountains....  England is more applicabel though as I have lots of viking and invasion by them in my upcoming set up...  :)

Please note that I cnat see the map in my work PC so i will have a good look at it tonite !!!!

Sure.

Subject to any competing claims I would like to make a claim for Yorkshire in England.  We have a rich heritage of medieval history with castles, cathedrals and battles.

Playmofirth

I can Put you in the Northern area of England,
And I will put Giorginetto in the Southern areas (and Normandy).

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 15:14:17 »
Hey!
I want in!
Being no king, I do not have a kingdom. Say I have a "knightdom" (or whatever, what does a baron own?). As my flag shows, my knight is from Chablais which is a small mountainous land underneath the Léman lake, and just west of the actual Swiss border.
My guys are tough but I cannot display more than a hundred men, I have to leave a small garrison in my castle...

:knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:

(I'm usually against the excessive use of smileys, but... :hehe:)

Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 15:15:37 »
So I gave coloured my bit blue. It is not one Kingdom but the an area that I want to control the stories over *grin*. The whole are is called Nizzome. There are several places known places there. I also attached a closeup.

In the closeup we see the southern part which is a different shade of Blue this is the Kingdom of Belathre. Clearly the biggest Kingdom in the land as the rest are more city states. The light blue spot in the middle is the barony of Fallcrest and the Dark Blue in the east is Winterhaven.

This is exciting WoT!!

Thank you for updating the map Gis! :)

Great Map WoT and great initiative!

However the red parts are the southern part of Norway and the Northern part of the Netherlands. The blurry blue area is mainly Belgium and the Northern part of France. But no matter it will work for me.

I'll let loose some photo shop on the map!! And post it again.

Ooops, maybe my geography of Europe is not as good as I thought... :-[

Yes, the red parts on the mainland are the Rutilian colonies.
If you look very closely,
to the west of Norway there is more of a spot, though it is colored slightly red.
That is the Rutilian island. :)

Here is the updated map, with Giorginetto's, and Playmofirth's territories marked out.
Playmofirth, your territory is Orange.

I would also like to point out, that these territories are not quite at the boundary lines.
I am trying to make room for others as they want to join.
And I am thinking England could become a highly prized place.
(Due to the fact that several people live/lived/or are nearby it.)

So for now, the territory lines are staying fairly small. :)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 15:18:26 »
Hey!
I want in!
Being no king, I do not have a kingdom. Say I have a "knightdom" (or whatever, what does a baron own?). As my flag shows, my knight is from Chablais which is a small mountainous land underneath the Léman lake, and just west of the actual Swiss border.
My guys are tough but I cannot display more than a hundred men, I have to leave a small garrison in my castle...

:knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:

(I'm usually against the excessive use of smileys, but... :hehe:)

Arnaud

A Baron own a Barony. ;)
Sure... where is that exsactly? ???

This also gives rise to another idea,
would anyone like to have a barony close to Arnaud?
If we got a few people who wanted to band together... they could make a kingdom. :)

As it is, I will mark out your spot on the map using google. ;)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 15:25:08 »
Ok, here is the newest version. :)
I have made the Rutilian Island a little bigger,
and Arnaud, I marked out your Barony in Brown. :wave: