Author Topic: New Member Robertabix - Hello All  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Robertabix

• Playmo Pal
New Member Robertabix - Hello All
« on: March 24, 2010, 16:00:58 »
Hello from Maastricht (Netherlands),

We are an English family living in the Netherlands and have just rediscovered our love of Playmobil through our two young sons (4 and 6).  My husband and I agree that we had too little Playmobil in our '70s childhoods - but now aim to make up for it.  Addictive though isn't it?!!

We have a particular love of some of the older sets - castle 3666 is a must, as is the Space range, and I would love to get my hands on a large vistorian Playmobil house (but do not have a daughter to help justify it!) - and you can never have too many Vikings or Pirates!  Would love to learn more about the Western sets which look fab.

Of the newer sets, my boys love the Egyptian, Sea Exploration, train, and Airport sets - anything with wheels or mechanisms really.

I would like to send out particular thanks to the member who has so painstakingly posted visual and written instructions for constructing such complex sets as castle 3666.  He is a complete star and indeed the reason which prompted us to join this forum - more set up instructions like this would be wonderful (but I can only imagine how much work it involves)!

Living as we do in the tri-border area of the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium, we have noticed the wide differences in the price of Playmobil between these countries.  Not surprisingly, Germany (the home of Playmobil)is much the cheapest.  German EBay for Playmobil is always worth a look - even if you need to take postage costs into account (we are lucky enough to be able to drive to collect) - but the language barrier may put some off.  A word of praise though for Customer Service from Playmobil.de - they have been amazingly responsive  (even sending free sets of instuctions) and have English speakers on hand to reply to queries .

Very Best Wishes, from Robertabix

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: New Member Robertabix - Hello All
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 16:38:28 »
Welcome from the UK :wave:

The older sets are definately my favourite, and the 3666 castle in my opinion is the best one ever made :love:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 16:43:27 »
Hello from Maastricht (Netherlands),

We are an English family living in the Netherlands and have just rediscovered our love of Playmobil through our two young sons (4 and 6).  My husband and I agree that we had too little Playmobil in our '70s childhoods - but now aim to make up for it.  Addictive though isn't it?!!

We have a particular love of some of the older sets - castle 3666 is a must, as is the Space range, and I would love to get my hands on a large vistorian Playmobil house (but do not have a daughter to help justify it!) - and you can never have too many Vikings or Pirates!  Would love to learn more about the Western sets which look fab.

Of the newer sets, my boys love the Egyptian, Sea Exploration, train, and Airport sets - anything with wheels or mechanisms really.

I would like to send out particular thanks to the member who has so painstakingly posted visual and written instructions for constructing such complex sets as castle 3666.  He is a complete star and indeed the reason which prompted us to join this forum - more set up instructions like this would be wonderful (but I can only imagine how much work it involves)!

Living as we do in the tri-border area of the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium, we have noticed the wide differences in the price of Playmobil between these countries.  Not surprisingly, Germany (the home of Playmobil)is much the cheapest.  German EBay for Playmobil is always worth a look - even if you need to take postage costs into account (we are lucky enough to be able to drive to collect) - but the language barrier may put some off.  A word of praise though for Customer Service from Playmobil.de - they have been amazingly responsive  (even sending free sets of instuctions) and have English speakers on hand to reply to queries .

Very Best Wishes, from Robertabix

:yippee: :woohoo: :yippee:  That was me!

Welcome Robertabix!

Doing the step-by-step guide took a bit of preparation and organisation, but wasn't that complex to do, compared to the wonderful photostories and videos people have done here and elsewhere.

In another month I'll have room to lay out my Playmobil and get better organised, so I could do some more guides if they're useful. I started with the most requested help (3666) on Playmoboard, which alas is now defunct, and then did similar sets that I had.

Glad you're here, and I look forward to sharing with you more,

cheers,  Martin

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 17:15:36 »
Welcome to Playmofriends from the South Eastern USA, Robertabix :wave:! You will find many members/friends with the same interests as yourselves! We look forward to any contributions you can show us of your collection, & future acquisitions  :yup:!
There are many members here that are more than willing to render assistance if any questions or problems arise!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 17:40:30 »
Welcome from North Yorkshire  :wave: .   

If you ever need plans, it is worthwhile asking members here as a number of us have quite a range of plans and can always email them to you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 18:44:08 »
Welcome to PlaymoFriends! :wave:
It is great to have you I am sure, as more members means more Fun!
I can only agree with you, Playmobil is deffinatly addictive... ;D
And the 3666 castle is the greatest!
Wonderful to have you. :yup:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 22:06:29 »
Hello Robertabix and welcome from the Great Pacific Northwest!  :wave: Glad to have you with us and look forward to seeing you around the forum.  :wave:

Gepetto

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 22:51:56 »
Howdy, Robertabix :wave:
Warm welcome from sunny Arizona.

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 00:39:46 »
Welcome from the state of Maine!
I am appreciating my collection even more now that I can share it with my kids-
And, yes, it is rather addicting...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 07:16:20 »
Welcome from Nothern Germany!  :wave:

It's the same for my little family: My son is completely into everything with wheels and me is more into adventure and historical themes. Just recently found out that I am completely into indiana jones like explorers...  :love:

have fun,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen